Interior questions for 66 barracuda

-

66_barracuda

Reaction score
Hey there, I just bought a 66 barracuda and it needs a bit of interior work and I was curious if you guys could help me out with it. I have the original steering wheel but it is in pretty rough shape and I think I want to do a new one, I was wondering what steering wheel you guys recommend? Also I am looking for a new radio as there is currently not one in the car, I want one that I can Bluetooth to my phone to but doesn't look ugly in the car. Also it is a console car and I have the console set in there now but it seems to be missing a price or not sitting right, other console car owners, how does yours sit in there? Any pics would be very appreciated. Here are a few pics of what the car looks like now.
20210530_110854.jpg
20210530_155415.jpg

I'm not a Grant wheel fan....I like the factory sport wheel....but, what's wrong with the wheel that's in the car now? What's not sitting right with your console? Is it loose? At an angle? Have you pulled it to look at the mounting plates? Looks like the dash has been cut for some sort of aftermarket radio. Short of welding a stock piece back in, you're pretty much stuck with finding another aftermarket radio to fit the hole. Appearance is a matter of personal taste. Good Luck!

I'm not a Grant wheel fan....I like the factory sport wheel....but, what's wrong with the wheel that's in the car now? What's not sitting right with your console? Is it loose? At an angle? Have you pulled it to look at the mounting plates? Looks like the dash has been cut for some sort of aftermarket radio. Short of welding a stock piece back in, you're pretty much stuck with finding another aftermarket radio to fit the hole. Appearance is a matter of personal taste. Good Luck!

Hey thanks for getting back to me! And as far as the current steering wheel I just don't like the look of it, I am looking more for something along the lines of the original size of wheel, like the size of 16" diameter and 4" dish. And on the console it seems to be missing a piece on the drivers side of it. I apologize I don't have pictures of it, and I am new to plymouth and mopar so the console may be sitting right I just didn't know if anyone could share a pic of the drivers side of their console. Also on the radio I know I will have to do aftermarket I was just curious what other people have done for new radios. Thanks so much!

The automatic console does have a cut away place where you can get a hand under and change the light bulb. Manual console has larger cut away where it meets the added floor hump.
Same console in 67 and later have a carpet skirt. I assume 66 would have that too. I dont see the skirt in your pics.
I think that steering wheel looks pretty darn good in that car. Color is close, round holes matches round gauge pods, etc...

Last edited:
-
Back