Interior seat colour

-

nucuda

Reaction score
I am new to this forum and hope someone can help me on the colour of seat upholestry . I just purchased a 67 Barracuda fastback and the previous owner told me he was going to order gold for the seat colour. The car is the original Forest green . Cked Legendary and Fryers and see gold is NOS and very pricy .The car has new carpets and headliner in a gold/tan colour and I think Gold is the only colour I can go with for the seats.Any advise if this would be best choice.Did not think gold was a standard interior colour in a 67 cuda. Thanks to anyone who can offer good advisie. Legendary or Fryers??

I cked those sites and thats why I was wondering if gold was a special order colour for 67. Am attaching some pictures.

DSCF0346.JPG

DSCF0345.JPG

DSCF0349.JPG

DSCF0348.JPG

Tag shows H6T which should be Tan but cannot find tan on Legendary site for this year - Closest would be Nos Gold which I thought they may be using instead of Tan.Is there another Tan colour from legendary(year/model/etc) that I can reference for them to make the covers from ?

Maybe Legendary will send you small samples of their colors to see what is the correct match. Nothin beats a piece of the actual material to double check.

Maybe Legendary will send you small samples of their colors to see what is the correct match. Nothin beats a piece of the actual material to double check.

Good advice. Chrysler and I have disagreed about item nomenclature before. To get what you want, it is necessary to use Mopar-speak.

To answer an earlier question, gold was not a special order interior color per se. There are several body colors where gold would be an approved color for a standard installation. However, it probably could be special ordered on a non-approved color if you leaned on the dealer hard enough. There were checks in the system that prevented red cars from getting blue interiors for instance. It would be possible to over-ride after a verification process.

To set the color of your interior in Mopar-speak, there are two places to look. First is the body tag. Under the TRM stamping, look at the third character. The other place to look is on the build sheet in block 340.

Character decodes for 1967 that may apply in this case are: Y = Gold, T = Tan, K = Copper.

The trim code on the body tag is apt to look like P6Y. This decodes to: premium trim level, vinyl bucket seat, gold color.

We offer these seat covers in Light Gold or Copper. The H6T trim code is our Light gold which the original factory book calls tan. This vinyl is currently only offered as an NOS material and is an additional cost. Please contact our sales dept. if you would like to place an order or if you would like to see a sample of the light gold vinyl. We don't like to cut sample pcs. off these NOS rolls, but I am sure we can provide a small ample if needed.
Eric DeTaeye
Legendary Auto Interiors, Ltd.

Thanks -That clears a lot up for me.Original owner was correct in his gold recommendation. Will be giving Legendary a call and making my wallet a lot lighter!!!

-
Back