-
Status
Not open for further replies.

djwhog

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
OK I have a complete set of the older 273 mech adjustable rockers. I am just going to put new lockable set screws kit and 2 new chrome hardend shafts on them. I have a new bolt hold down kit and I have the shim kit that has sizes from .005-.015 for centering rockers.

But does anyone have a set for sale or know where I can get the 1/4 wide spacers that these old style rockers use. They go in between every rocker. I would like to buy a new kit of 8 of these 1/4" wide spacers for these shaft rockers. :supz:

The rockers are set up in the following patterns

hold down rocker spacer rocker hold down rocker spacer rocker hold down rocker spacer rocker hold down rocker spacer rocker hold down

comp cams has them..Part #com-cr40 $1.00 apeice, takes 8. I ordered a set for my adjustables from paw.

comp cams has them..Part #com-cr40 $1.00 apeice, takes 8. I ordered a set for my adjustables from paw.

Are they the same exact size as the factory ones? I saw that was not sure though... Did you need any shims etc to take up any slack or did they fit real nice?

Thanks Robbie!

Here's two pic's of the setup! I hope this helps. Remember you need to leave clearance for expansion when the engine gets to temp.

000_0028.jpg

000_0028 (Small).jpg

Thanks for the pic too Robbie! I got the spacers ordered today and the shim kit. My rockers are i ngood shape and I contacted the local dodge dealer and gave them the new # for the chrome rocker shafts too.

Should work real fine. And must less investe than and set of Sharps. Maybe someday I will go to rollers, but I am not a track circle motor of live at high RPM, and I dont see that $500+ supports only a few more ponnies if that?

My old 273 would sping over 8k at times and I never had an issue. But I did notice the spacers were worn.

thanks agin. huge help!
:toothy7:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back