Is it OK to use 3/4 thread length in a 400

Big Block A body Tech

1. challenger57

challenger57 cuda57

Local Time:
    9:55 AM
    It was recommended to me to use a 3/4 length thread plug in my new 400-470 stroker 11:1 comp and stealth heads. The recommender did not respond when I mentioned back to him the motor before rebuild came to me with 2 pistons having golf ball size hole in them. I wasn't questioning his knowledge but when an answer has ( I think) in it it makes me concerned. Soooo any and all imput on this appriciated. Thanks

2. IQ52

IQ52 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:55 AM
    As the Stealth heads are designed to run a .750" plug, I think you should be okay.

• Like Like x 1
    • CPMotorworks

CPMotorworks Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      .750" Reach plug is the most common plug for aftermarket aluminum heads and from the photos it looks close.
      Of all the specs they list, nothing for plugs. Make a phone call. 775-883-2590
      IQ's on it.

• challenger57

challenger57 cuda57

Local Time:
      Well if i would have thought this out a little better why not just go to the source 440 source that is. It is their stroker kit and heads and they recommend champion RC12YC. So there you have it. Thanks All

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.