Is it OK to use 3/4 thread length in a 400

-

challenger57

cuda57
Reaction score
It was recommended to me to use a 3/4 length thread plug in my new 400-470 stroker 11:1 comp and stealth heads. The recommender did not respond when I mentioned back to him the motor before rebuild came to me with 2 pistons having golf ball size hole in them. I wasn't questioning his knowledge but when an answer has ( I think) in it it makes me concerned. Soooo any and all imput on this appriciated. Thanks

As the Stealth heads are designed to run a .750" plug, I think you should be okay.

It was recommended to me to use a 3/4 length thread plug in my new 400-470 stroker 11:1 comp and stealth heads. The recommender did not respond when I mentioned back to him the motor before rebuild came to me with 2 pistons having golf ball size hole in them. I wasn't questioning his knowledge but when an answer has ( I think) in it it makes me concerned. Soooo any and all imput on this appriciated. Thanks

.750" Reach plug is the most common plug for aftermarket aluminum heads and from the photos it looks close.
Of all the specs they list, nothing for plugs. Make a phone call. 775-883-2590
IQ's on it.

Well if i would have thought this out a little better why not just go to the source 440 source that is. It is their stroker kit and heads and they recommend champion RC12YC. So there you have it. Thanks All

-
Back