Is there a difference

-

Frank Dinatally

Reaction score
Hi All
Is the window crank washers different on a 65 compared to 67 or 68 barracuda and door handle washers

Last edited:
The 63-65 crank washers are close to the 66-67 style but are off by about a 1/16". The later 68 and up style is same diameter as the 66/67 but a totally different shape and much thicker. Here are some pictures from my crank adventure from a few weeks ago. Doubt anyone would notice the early difference except an anal OE Gold judge. Or it could just be a plant variation. Cranks go 65 original washer, 66 original washer, 66 later washer and 68 up original washer.

WCW1.jpg

WCW2.jpg

WCW3.jpg

Not sure but knowing Mopar, yes...they did things from one year to the next for no apparent reason...

On classic industries, it shows different for 65 kind of looks like a rubber seal of some kind. Is there a difference of thickness

The last picture is a whole stack of 65 and earlier washers with the 66 one near the gap showing it is a little smaller in diameter. I have never held a reproduction in my hand, but the picture makes it look like it has texture on one side. The originals are smooth and very thin. Maybe there is a member who has used a set.

-
Back