Is this a good deal for a 4 speed?

-

dachiefs

Reaction score
Hey all,

Found a guy thats is selling a 1 month old 4 speed, bellhousing, clutch, pressure plate, dustcover, linkage, pistol-grip shifter, among other odds and ends, basically evething i need to put a 4 speed in my Duster for $1200....is that a decent deal?

Thanks'
B

Yeah, it almost sounds to good to be true. Is it an OD (over drive)? I am a fan of them JayHawks! Still wish I had the money to pay for school there, but that is way off topic.

Thanks for the quik reply- not an overdrive....he mentioned today it was new, before he had said it was a month old, so I assumed it was a rebuild. I had priced some around the KC area, but folks seemed to want around $900-1000 for an incomplete setup...the catch is I have to pick it up in Kentucky...16 hr roadtrip... Rock Chalk!

Then yes it would be worth it, but most of the time you find something wrong. Still at that price I would feel happy with it either way.

That's a steal trans alone can go for 800-1000 rebuilt, clutch another 200-500 depending what it is, and shifter another 300. Most complete setups go for closer to 1600-1800.

Make sure he sends you good pictures so you know what you are going to get, unless you had someone on that end check it out for you.

Thanks for the replies. He said it came out of a 68 dart, so I assume I should'nt have any problems with it being an abody trans...the guy sounds legit...he's a business owner etc...I will post after I pick the setup...up...

Well, made it to Kentucky and back alive. I got a A833 for an A body, factory shifter with linkage, clutch, pplate, fork, z bar, flywheel, alum bellhousing, dustcover for $1200.
It cost me $200 in fuel and hotel. He told me that it's a Passon rebuild he had sitting around and probably wouldnt use...

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 217
  • Picture 003.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 217
-
Back