Is this a good deal on a Edelbrock Performer RPM?

-

DartSport340

Reaction score
I was talking to a guy today while leaving that does heads as a part time job. I told him what I was doing and about getting a carb...he said..you wouldn't be interested in a Edelbrock Performer RPM(cant remember if he said RPM or RPM air gap)thats been port matched/gasket matched and was on HIS 340 that was making 540 HP would ya...I said how much he said $75 or $100 powder coated any color I want...I REALLY dont have the $$ but he said $75 so I assume thats a ok deal...I think the TQ would probably NOT work well on it though?? Now that I dont have any $$ I keep finding people offering me stuff...he offered me heads W something was a model # W2 or W4????(sounded more like a tax return # than a head #) for $500 as he went to eddie aluminum ones...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like HELLO, is this mike on, are you awake? Hello!

OH, the heads are W2. They are oval port.

The TQ would need an adapter. I would not use it myself. But do so if you must, your call. What does he want for the heads?

^^^^ says 550.00 for heads in post.lol

oh well just ordered the TQ for my set up(mostly stock) so I dont really have the $$ anyhow..always seems like that to me I told him to just go ahead and Ebay it. he has a offer on the heads he is "considering". This stuff ALWAYS happens if it happened in May or June id have told my wife thats my Fathers day/birthday present..in late Sept or Oct it could have been a anniversary present...July and August im screwed lol as I ordered the headliner($259) and the carb($200) play money gone :(

Well...maybe b4 he ebays it I will tell him I can make payments OR if he can hold it till Sept pay him off in full..we are not super close friends but at least I can ask to see I figure at worst i could get it and keep it or even use it in my build later down the road.

Funny part is this guy likes the MOPAR engines but he has this 340 with 500+ HP in a small foreign car like a Triumph or MG or Sunbeam or some such lol...

-
Back