Is this factory trim???? For a 70 Duster

-

Slappy

Reaction score
Thanks to all whom can help. Is the trim going across my rocker panels factory? I have not seen any Dusters with this on it. Does anyone make this repro? Thanks Tod

004.JPG

its on my 75 scamp. dont know if it would be factory on a duster but i would bet if its the newer body style (like 73+)it would all me the same. dont know about a 70 tho nasty spot to trap rust in and eat it away

No rust there but I can see the potential. Thanks for the help.

I seen one of them on a 71 Scamp. It was rusting out very bad because of that thing. I would take it off before it starts to cause rust.

ya yours looks really good. the rust was all hidden under it till i got down there and looked under it lol your trim looks to be in good shape to so y do you want different stuff?

Thanks to all whom can help. Is the trim going across my rocker panels factory? I have not seen any Dusters with this on it. Does anyone make this repro? Thanks Tod

it looks like the right trim to me. it is going to be rare as most were not ordered with it. repos available? i seriously doubt it...hold on to it as it looks great on there!

Yes that's the factory style rocker trim.

It's $$$$$$ to find if you need it.

What a nice Duster!

your quarter molding looks great too, i have a 70 Duster that came with them but they where lost a few years back. Could you possibly measure the length height & width of them??

I am looking at getting some made because I cannot find them ANYWHERE:angry3:

My Duster came with rocker molding but it does have some metal screws in them. I have looked in all the shows and you see very few. I think I will remove fill holes with tig weld and repolish you can't find them.

I put this in another post...

If you want new, B/E & A Restoration Parts sells 1970-72 Duster Rocker moldings for $175 (not including shipping) for the pair...they look exactly like the originals.

The clips seem to be much harder to find...I ended up buying from the only place I could find...Jim's Auto Parts...delivery was fast but they set me back almost another $80 with the shipping.

Paul

-
Back