Is this manual or power steering?

-

Tad

Reaction score
D84FB510-9D4E-4E87-B6DF-792812BE7626.jpeg
I’ve never had a power steering pump in my car and I’ve always thought that it was manual. I’m trying to put in my magnum manifolds and saw this piece on top of my steering box that looks like it would circulate fluid. If this is power steering is it possible to just remove that top piece and put a plate on it to block it off?

I’d buy a manual box and the adapter to make the column hook up and be done.

Those power steering gears turn way harder than manual box. You must have arms like Bluto.

Steering with a power box with no fluid flow is more difficult than with regular manual steering. That gear is also likely out of fluid and worn. Either put the correct manual box in it or get the power steering working.

Steering with a power box with no fluid flow is more difficult than with regular manual steering. That gear is also likely out of fluid and worn. Either put the correct manual box in it or get the power steering working.
Is the manual box something that’s available after market or should I be searching on this site?

F3965EAB-0D01-4BA0-8C41-2E4BCDC013B5.jpeg
I’d buy a manual box and the adapter to make the column hook up and be done.

Those power steering gears turn way harder than manual box. You must have arms like Bluto.
I mean, I go to the gym once in a while. I wouldn’t say that my arms are huge. LOL

Post a Wanted ad for one here. But like YR said, it's not a direct replacement. You'll need an adapter between the gear box and the steering column.

I like the PST manual 16:1 box I have in my 65 dart. I don’t think it’s hard to turn maybe alittle in a parking lot.

Is the manual box something that’s available after market or should I be searching on this site?

Here is a link to the kits we offer in 16:1 or stock 24:1 that you would need to convert over to manual including the column adapter. Do not forget to use the members discount when making your purchase.

24:1
Manual Steering Box 24:1 (With PS to MS Adapter)

16:1
Manual Steering Box 16:1 (With PS to MS Adapter)

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
James From
PST

-
Back