Is this odd or?

-

69bronzeT5

My wife's car is faster.
Reaction score
My '73 Duster has a C in the vin number and on the fender tag...but yet, it's coded for a 318-2bbl and that's what it has.

If it has a "C" in the VIN for the engine designation, then how is it "coded" for a 318?

If it has a "C" in the VIN for the engine designation, then how is it "coded" for a 318?

Theres also and engine code on the tag ie E55, E58

Its odd but Im sure its not the only factory screw up like that.

My '73 Duster has a C in the vin number and on the fender tag....

If it's got a C for the 5th digit, it's a 225 slants six car, or at least titled as such. The only other C that could be in the VIN is for the assembly plant, that would be the Jefferson plant.

Are you sure the fender tag matches the vin?

Being that it has front discs also, I'm inclined to believe it is a factory V8 car. You should try and dig around for the build sheet, see if you come up with anything to support either. VIN and title mishaps did and do happen, though not really often; my daily driver is a 4-dr sedan thats been titled as a wagon since brand new :dontknow:

It's not a Lynch Road car is it? One of my Coronets was and it was all kinds of wonky

Sounds odd to me. Mabby it was built on a monday and the guys building it were a little hung over from the night before. LOL

-
Back