"Is this your car?"

-

Drache

1971 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
So I decided I was going to take my grandmother out for lunch today and decided to take her out in the Dart since it's been the first hot sunny day.

We went to this nice little restaurant and just got our meals when I looked out the window and seen an RCMP Officer (police for you non-canadians) pulled up in his cruiser and park next to the Dart.

I figured he was just going to come and have something to eat but after 10 minutes he was still sitting in his cruiser. Finally he gets out of the car and starts looking at the Dart. I figured he just liked the car and was looking it over.

The Officer then takes out his little notebook and starts walking around the Dart while writing things down.

I immediately jumped up from my seat and went outside wondering what was going on. I had so many things running through my head. Did someone call my car in for something I didn't do? I live in a town of about 11,000 people so my car sticks out like a sore thumb and it's been known to happen before to some of the other car guys in town. I also thought that maybe the officer witnessed someone scratching my car or who knows what.

So I walk up to the officer just as he's peaking through the windshield.

"Hi."

"Hello. Is this your car?"

"Yes.........."

"Ok."

The officer goes back to scribbling in his notebook for a second or two.

"Can I help you Officer?"

"Oh yes. We have a bet going on what make, model, and year your car is and I'm trying to find out so I can win the bet."

"Excuse me?"

"Well I was going to run your VIN to see what came up but I noticed you don't have a VIN plate. Why is that?"

"It's on the door frame, you can only see it when the door is open."

"Well so much for cheating. So... what year is the car?"

By this time a cricket could have knocked me over. I started laughing and told him exactly what my car was and what year it was. I explained that I what was going through my mind when I seen him looking at my car and he started laughing.

He was originally waiting for me to come out of the restaurant but got tired of waiting....

He did tell me that my car instantly drew the notice of every officer simply because they were worried about a young guy like me driving around a muscle car. He's even told me a few times I've been "followed" for short periods in the middle of the night while driving (I sometimes get off work at midnight) during the weekends. He said he'd mention to the officers that I was a nice young guy and not a trouble maker.

"Thanks...."

He then went on his way and I went back to my now luke warm lunch.

Should've told him the VIN was in the glovebox in a plastic baggie with your weed. :D

I had a cop pull me over (after me flogging it from a light on a otherwise empty sunday AM road) and ask what the hurry was. I told him I JUST got the thing running after 3 years and was a little excited on what it would do on its maiden voyage. He looked me up and down, asked for my license which was strategically placed behind my military ID and then started asking what mill I had in it! I started rattling off buzzword specs and manufacturers as he was looking under the popped hood. After a few minutes of shooting the $hit with this fellow gearhead, he told me to take it EZ on public streets, even on Sunday mornings. Whew! Turns out Cops are people too!

Just the other day I had a cop try to pull me over but I Just kept ignoring him. He started with the lights then came the siren wailing and screaming and after about two miles of this I finely pulled over.
Up to the window came one pissed off cop, he asked why didn't I pull over at first, so I told him that two years ago my wife ran off with a cop and I thought it was him trying to bring her back. LOL.

Kenny

Totally a Joke

-
Back