Isky Red Zone

-

Rmoore

Reaction score
Opinions on Isky Red Zone mech roller lifters for a 500 ci low block ! 10.5 pump gas motor with Trick Flow 240 heads and a Track Heat manifold!!

cam is

.670 intake
264 @50

.667 Ex
.270 @50
109 LSA
106 installed
1.5 rocker arm Harland Sharp
TTI 2 in under chassis headers

Look very high quality. .810 rollers. That's big.

Opinions on Isky Red Zone mech roller lifters for a 500 ci low block ! 10.5 pump gas motor with Trick Flow 240 heads and a Track Heat manifold!!

cam is

.670 intake
264 @50

.667 Ex
.270 @50
109 LSA
106 installed
1.5 rocker arm Harland Sharp
TTI 2 in under chassis headers

Not super nasty, real sweet.

A lot of RB guys I know with a bit more the. average & serious builds use the Isky or Crane rollers. I know Crane is long gone now. (RIP) I’d run the big wheel roller tappet for sure.

Morel very likely makes the Iskys.

Have you looked at BAM roller lifters? or Jones lifters (those might be just repackaged BAM lifters though idk).

Read this week on another forum where two Morel hyd lifters failed.

Both I & a mate have Isky bushed lifters in our engines, solid lifter cams. Been in many years. I drive my car most weekends [ in lockdown again here ] & have not checked the lash in 2 yrs, valve train is still quiet.

Jones sells BAM lifters. They seem to be worth investigating. Especially the DLC coated steel bushing version. The only thing that steered me away from BAM is that he only sells .210 offset pushrod cup version vs. Isky who uses a .180 offset.

.030...big deal right?

I don't think your heads use offset intake rockers so no worries there.

What are the valve spring pressures like? Many of the roller lifter options are dictated by spring PSI over the nose of the cam lobe.

If money was no object my choice would be BAM and see how tight you can run the lash on the street. All of that rattling from the valve train makes me paranoid on a car with mufflers!

If you are going to run a non-bushing lifter get a set of comp-829's and send them out for a rebuild when the lash opens up. Roller cams (and SFTs) are for folks that don't mind checking lash once in a while.

FWIW my 511 that is slowly coming together has .800+ lift and calls for 900lbs over the nose with a power adder. I spec'd Isky Red Zone EZ-Max lifters and they are overkill even for that.

Thinking back I believe that my best prices on both sets of EX-Max version were a result of calling Isky direct.

-
Back