ISO: '65 or '66 Barracudas

-

gtrdave

Reaction score
Back in the '90s I owned a '65 and a '66 Barracuda, but sold them both off in order to pursue other vehicles and hobbies. Both were original SoCal cars w/ the '65 being treated to a rolling restoration and the '66 being a very nice original driver.
I'd love to find the whereabouts of either car. Both were Commando engine equipped from the factory. The '65 had the S13 heavy duty suspension, auto trans, bumper guards and I added an OEM AM/FM radio, OEM tachometer and the OEM stripe. The '66 was fairly option-free except for an auto trans and AM radio.
If anyone has seen them...

Attachments

• 1965-Plymouth-Barracuda-Wallpaper.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 578
  • 66cuda.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 528
I just saw your post and my car looks like yours but still has the original 273 2bl engine. Don't know how to attach photo but give me your email or cell and I will send you a pic
Mike

I think the ivory with gold looks great

Hello, is this Dave that used to live in San Fernando Valley?
If the picture is of your 65 Barracuda (Ivory and gold) I remember it well. I remember looking at it when you were selling, it had just been photographed for Muscle Car Review magazine. You were friends with Julius at his old shop? I always regretted not buying your car, it was fantastic. That is the same one featured in the Barracuda Challenger book, photographed at Woodley park CA, correct? I think back then your also had a Dodge Neon!
Anyways, i am curious if you ever located it. I have not seen it pop up in all these years..
I have a 65 Commando 4 speed with factory AC (survivor) and a 65 Formula S factory Ivory with Gold Stripe original paint Auto, but that needs to be restored. In fact, i bought that because i saw yours and fell in love with the color combo (Ivory with Gold Stripe, gold interior)
If you are still on this site, please feel free to contact me. Jeff
65 Formula S 2016 046.JPG

Hello, is this Dave that used to live in San Fernando Valley?
If the picture is of your 65 Barracuda (Ivory and gold) I remember it well. I remember looking at it when you were selling, it had just been photographed for Muscle Car Review magazine. You were friends with Julius at his old shop? I always regretted not buying your car, it was fantastic. That is the same one featured in the Barracuda Challenger book, photographed at Woodley park CA, correct? I think back then your also had a Dodge Neon!
Anyways, i am curious if you ever located it. I have not seen it pop up in all these years..
I have a 65 Commando 4 speed with factory AC (survivor) and a 65 Formula S factory Ivory with Gold Stripe original paint Auto, but that needs to be restored. In fact, i bought that because i saw yours and fell in love with the color combo (Ivory with Gold Stripe, gold interior)
If you are still on this site, please feel free to contact me. Jeff

Hey, Jeff.
Yes, that's me and, wow, you've got a great memory...although I didn't get my first Neon until 1995, but I did have the blue '66 Barracuda then, so we must have stayed in touch over the years which wasn't hard to do in the SoCal Mopar community.

The only thing I found out about my '65 is that it may be in upstate NY. I found some pictures online that this guy took of some cars at this repair shop and one of them looked like my car. The tell-tale signs are:
bumper guards - not many '65s had them, but mine did.
paint stripe went under the hood latch - OEM (and you can check on your car) should have the stripe ending at the hood latch and not going below it. It was a minor detail that I forgot to tell the painter when he shot mine.
Color combo w/ Commando V8 - I've seen a few ivory/gold Formula S cars (and so cool that you've found another), but have not seen any ivory/gold Rallye Pack cars. I'm sure they're out there, but they seem to be elusive.

Here's another shot from the Woodly Park photo shoot. C. Van Tune took the pictures and it was so cool that they need up using them for the book.
1965Barracuda_zpsco6qpsqf.jpe

As much as I'd like to find my old '65, my wife and I will probably be searching for a '67-'69 later this year. We've never owned a 2nd gen. Barracuda and it's really the body style that we both like the best. There's a local guy here who owns three of them ('67 fastback 273/2, '68 fastback 318/2 and '68 notch 340/4 Formula S). Bought them new and they are 100% original and rust-free (which is rare of these parts).
We need to go talk to him... :)

Hey, Jeff.
Yes, that's me and, wow, you've got a great memory...although I didn't get my first Neon until 1995, but I did have the blue '66 Barracuda then, so we must have stayed in touch over the years which wasn't hard to do in the SoCal Mopar community.

The only thing I found out about my '65 is that it may be in upstate NY. I found some pictures online that this guy took of some cars at this repair shop and one of them looked like my car. The tell-tale signs are:
bumper guards - not many '65s had them, but mine did.
paint stripe went under the hood latch - OEM (and you can check on your car) should have the stripe ending at the hood latch and not going below it. It was a minor detail that I forgot to tell the painter when he shot mine.
Color combo w/ Commando V8 - I've seen a few ivory/gold Formula S cars (and so cool that you've found another), but have not seen any ivory/gold Rallye Pack cars. I'm sure they're out there, but they seem to be elusive.

Here's another shot from the Woodly Park photo shoot. C. Van Tune took the pictures and it was so cool that they need up using them for the book.
View attachment 1715024287

As much as I'd like to find my old '65, my wife and I will probably be searching for a '67-'69 later this year. We've never owned a 2nd gen. Barracuda and it's really the body style that we both like the best. There's a local guy here who owns three of them ('67 fastback 273/2, '68 fastback 318/2 and '68 notch 340/4 Formula S). Bought them new and they are 100% original and rust-free (which is rare of these parts).
We need to go talk to him... :)
It's great to hear from you Dave
Good luck on your new search
Let me know if you ever find your old 65
I don't remember ever seeing your 66
I just remember the 65...
You were changing the hose clamps because you had the original ones on for photo shoot
I hope to run into you again some day
You and your hobby left an impression and I never forgot

It's great to hear from you Dave
Good luck on your new search
Let me know if you ever find your old 65
I don't remember ever seeing your 66
I just remember the 65...
You were changing the hose clamps because you had the original ones on for photo shoot
I hope to run into you again some day
You and your hobby left an impression and I never forgot

Yes, I remember the hose clamp swap.
I'm on Facebook and part of the A-body Mopar group there, although I haven't owned an A-body since I sold my '66 back in the late '90s.
We moved to the east coast in 2004 and I've been out of the car scene for years. Been too busy with family, kids, music, bikes, etc...

-
Back