-
Status
Not open for further replies.

soonercruiser

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Previous owner left the drum brake only MC on my 67 Barracuda that he converted to front disc brakes. So when I replaced the from discs with Willwoods, I get no difference in travel.

NEED: MC part number 280 8600; casting number 222 5541 for disc brakes.

disc drum master cylinder Dorman.jpg

disc mc diagram.jpg

any disc brake master from the late 60's all the way up into the 80's (until they switched to the two bolt style) will work.

just source one with the size piston you want. if you're buying a reman, check and confirm the size when you get it.

any disc brake master from the late 60's all the way up into the 80's (until they switched to the two bolt style) will work.

just source one with the size piston you want. if you're buying a reman, check and confirm the size when you get it.
So, is there any concern about my current drum brake MC and the piston rod size for upgrade to disc MC???

So, is there any concern about my current drum brake MC and the piston rod size for upgrade to disc MC???
i don't understand the phrasing of your question?

are you asking about the piston size of the master? or are you asking about the brake push rod (pedal to master cyl)?

I have a drum drum mc same as yours in a non power factory disc brake 67 barracuda with zero issues. I also have a disc brake mc that you're looking for if interested.

i don't understand the phrasing of your question?

are you asking about the piston size of the master? or are you asking about the brake push rod (pedal to master cyl)?
Yes!
As I am mechanically challenged, I don't know if the size of the brake push rod translates into a problem for upgrading the MC.
Is it a one size fits all rod? Does it take a different size MC piston seal.
Just clueless about potential complications.

I have a drum drum mc same as yours in a non power factory disc brake 67 barracuda with zero issues. I also have a disc brake mc that you're looking for if interested.
Yes I would be interested.
Is it just old, or reman?
Regardless of some opinions, the service manual and MOPAR specs note that the larger reservoir is needed for front disc brakes.
That would be the explanation for concerning "travel", despite a 4 piston upgrade.

We can finish any discussion by pm if you wish.

Original, needs a cleaning. I'll pm you tomorrow.
Yes I would be interested.
Is it just old, or reman?
Regardless of some opinions, the service manual and MOPAR specs note that the larger reservoir is needed for front disc brakes.
That would be the explanation for concerning "travel", despite a 4 piston upgrade.

We can finish any discussion by pm if you wish.

I have a disc brake master cylinder on Vixen running through a disc brake proportioning valve to factory 9" drum brakes and she stops fine as wine. I plan to upgrade to disc in the front soon, so I just went ahead and upgraded the master cylinder first.

Actually, O'Reilly's says that the NMC22774 is the one to fit the 67 Barracuda.
I didn't used that one, because I used a Duster proportioning valve. I wanted the fittings to be the right size.

Many moons ago I had a Scamp and the members here made it easy for me on my conversion. I used a 1973 Duster disc / drum master. I just did the same again on my 68 GT.

Actually, O'Reilly's says that the NMC22774 is the one to fit the 67 Barracuda.
you don't need a MC specifically for a 67 cuda.

any 4 bolt master from 67 on up into the 80's will bolt up and work. the critical part is that it's for disc brakes (extra capacity) and that it has the bore size you're looking for.

the pushrod is no different between drum and disc. power, aftermarket or the two bolt master would likely require a different or an adjustable push rod.

Very cool car with the V8, console/buckets, and 8 3/4" rear. Definitely a unique combo for sure. You got real lucky with those floors and trunk too. I recommend a 15/16" master cylinder for reduced leg effort. Order one for a '73 340 Duster with power disc brakes. It will bolt right in to a manual brake car. 7/8" rear wheel cylinders help to balance the brake system too along with a proportioning valve.
This is what I was told.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back