Issaquah *** shows

-

DesertRat

Leading edge boomer
Reaction score
I have always wanted to check out the Issaquah *** cruise-in's & shows. I see there is an orphan & discontinued shwo there the 31st of July. Thinking of taking my Comet over & entering the show. They dont make Mercury's or Comets any more so I guess my car is both orphaned and discoutinuedO:)
Considereing sending in the preregistration this week. Hmmmmm--------------
Rat

The shows there are usually pretty well attended with quite a few high-end cars. Very well to do area with all the tech companies there. Don't forget that your Plymouth is also an orphan now.

Yeah, my kid is a softie so I kow the area. Used to live there. My Comet is a 10 footer but is rare enough that it will fit in there. I would go to see the other guys cars and add a t-shirt to my collection. The more I drive it the better it road trips. The BC is in a million pieces waiting for blocking & paint so it wont be going anywhere soon. I did take the insturment bezel & parts up to GCAR for vacume plating. He is 90 days out and stacked to the ceiling with dash parts. Interesting visit.
DR:mrgreen:

GCAR is one of the last vacuum platers around, right? I really like your Comet, I need to get my Fairlane goin.

I pre-registered my car to go. changed the wheels & tires back to the stock full wheel covers, tweaking & tuning the car for the road trip and now it looks like a work emergency may keep me here working:-( I don't eat that food but the orphan/discontinued aspect really intrigues me. I used to live about 2 blocks from the site back in the day. The Comet looks really good with the stock full wheel covers back on it, more of a matched set. Hope I get to go.
DR

Here are a couple (or more):) Don't hold it against me because it is not Mopar. A year from now I will be posting photos of my Barracuda. It looks like if I make it to Issaquah it will be late Saturday night or Sunday morning for the show. Damn work anyway!!!
DR

Attachments

• Comet 002.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 261
  • Comet 003.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 244
  • Comet 004.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 234
  • Comet 005.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 230
I'll be popping over (probably in the AM) to check it out with my little girls- go to a few shows there every summer, live one city over in Redmond. The food is pricey and Fat Burger is just down the road in the same mall as the Issaquah Home Depot...and a Krispy Kreme is there, too!

I may make it to the show. I have to start a 600HP pump on Saturday but if I finish in time, I am heading over. My kid lives in Redmond. If you see a Viper Blue comet in line, it will be me:)
DR

I'll most likely be in a wedgewood blue Crown Vic with very dark windows...I'll stop and say "Howdy."

Cloudy/drizzly last Sunday- stopped by and it was a light turn out (main lot was full, no overflow).

-
Back