It's been a while so I thought I would stop in and catch up!

-

BARRACUDA340S

Reaction score
I've been away from the board quite a while. I did a search for my name and found a few threads wondering where I've been so I'll get you updated with me and the Cuda.

I opened my own car dealership 4 years ago after getting out of consulting. The Cuda has been on the back burner for some time. I did install a Control Freaks 4 link a couple years ago, went through the 4 speed tranny, new clutch etc etc.

Going to pull the motor this winter and freshin it up. Might pull the solid roller and go with a hydraulic. Need to get ahold of Ryan Johnson at Shady Dell and try and find Scott Brown some how. They designed my current cam and head combo so hopefully I can get them to help me one more time with a hydraulic roller. I don't race the car anymore so no more 7200 rpms for the 416 just an easy 6500.

I am getting back in to racing just not the Cuda. I bought a Buick with a 6 cylinder. I'm getting older so I decided to slow it down a bit.

I'll be hanging out more on the site hoping you guy's and gal's can get me back up to speed this winter. I decided to make the Cuda my winter project. I've been ignoring the car too long.

Oh, just a Buick, not a GN or anything!!!! LOL Had an 87 GN till I got divorced a number of years ago.

Tell us about the dealership???? Glad to see ya back!

I sell mainly $5000 to $15,000 vehicles. I bought an old AMC car dealership that had been vacant a few years. It's got a showroom and a 50x100 steal insulated shop in the back. I hire out all my service work so I use it for my man cave. I got a 2 post hoist and most everything I need to do whatever I want. I got tired of working 70 hours a week for someone else so I have been enjoying life for the last 4 years. My business does well and I couldn't be happier.

The GN might be a little quicker than I let on but it won't touch the Cuda. They are a fun car to tune. The GN has the capability to run a high 10 with A/C, I have been tuning it slowly so I don't lift the heads, easy to do on these cars. It's runs on 93 oct and Methanol injection. I've only had it to the track twice for shake down passes.

I have so much I want to do to the Cuda just not sure how far I'll go. I want to get the motor out and maybe do some front suspension mods, thought about a coil over set up?? Just can decide if I want to spend the $$$ yet. At minimum I'll take the K frame out and go through everything. I never had time 10 years ago to do that and I built the car in a 2 stall garage so with limited time and resources a lot of stuff didn't get done like it should. I look back and can't believe I went 132 mph down the quarter like it is. LOL

Welcome back, 2 nice cars there! Kinda partial to the fish tho!! LOL.
I hit yer "thanks" button cuz yer "thank tank" looked pretty sad empty...LOL

Not sure what the thanks thing is but "Thank you"

Good to see you again "Evil" Doing some reading on the forum and trying to get caught up a little bit. Lot's of new faces around here.

Talked to Scotty tonight from MoparTech board. Haven't talked to him in a long time.

Hope some other old friends chime in so I know who's still around.

Good evening and it sure is great to see your post pop up :cheers: It has been a while for sure :D
The leaves are falling here and Victoria was victorious at the track this year, I race here just a couple times a year and every George Rays birthday race, and I am the 6 banger to beat from the results of the year :glasses7: Great to see you posting and I thought I would share my day I won't forget anytime soon.
Looking forward to seeing your activity here again :coffee2:

She and I are still enjoying our time together, I cheated and removed the heavy Rallies for my day at the track :D Have a great evening :coffee2:
170 /6 3 on the tree running low 12's 1/8 is still fun.

Attachments

• George Ray's 2013 039.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 81
  • George Ray's 2013 088.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 83
  • My first win 2013 George Rays 056.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 84
-
Back