Jeep Restoration

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
so one day i was driving through a nice neighborhood and i spot a jeep sitting next to a trash can in faded and in poor condition.

There was a lady outside so I stopped and asked her why she is throwing away the jeep, she said it didn't work and her kid outgrew it so off to the trash with it.

I asked her if i could take it, she said please do!!

I forgot to take a pic of it by the trash can and before disassembly but i completely disassembled it and power washed it with full power and a lot of the white oxidation came off, then used scotch brite and scrubbed it down.

Cost about 8 cans of paint in different colors and a 35 dollar ebay battery and Tada!!!
It's going to a daycare center because I don't have any kids.

One woman's trash is another woman's project :realcrazy:

20210915_181923.jpg

20210915_181934.jpg

20210922_183015.jpg

20210922_183011.jpg

Awesome!
Looks great,and will be enjoyed. Good on ya!!

And you say I'm kind hearted? Great thing to do Rani, Wally and me thank you, but not as much as the lucky kids who are going to have a lotta fun with that Jeep. I've said it before and I'll say it again, lots of great folks on FABO.

Jeff

Last edited:
That is awesome

Did you know you can get 18v batteries for them, as well as high power drive motors ?

You can jack them up just like the real deal

Good on you! My cousin gave me one of those for my boy when he was like 3. It was a project just like that one. It was red, but, faded badly. It was pink. Anyway, a fella I worked with drove by one day as my boy is pushing the Jeep around. It needed TLC and didn't function. Fella knew that Jeep was affiliated with Chrysler, knew that I was a Chrysler/Mopar guy. He liked to give me hell about it. So, when he drives by and sees this, he says "Get used to it kid!".

Very nice. I am impressed. You will like it better than if you bought it. I rescued a bicycle from the trash, totally disassembled it, sand blasted it, powder coated it in black and orange, and reassembled it with fresh grease. It is like new. The grandson LOVES it.

Very good job! I've seen videos where they wire them up to run off a 20v cordless drill battery and they will flat out scream. Lol

Wow so many kind words, and here i thought this thread would be booed out because it's not a real jeep lol.

I do wish my valiant restoration could be as quick and easy as the little jeep but unfortunately paint and body work on the real deal cars is sooooo boring and tedious. And the sad thing is there is no easy way to do it.

Thanks for the support and high spirits fabo

Wow so many kind words, and here i thought this thread would be booed out because it's not a real jeep lol.

I do wish my valiant restoration could be as quick and easy as the little jeep but unfortunately paint and body work on the real deal cars is sooooo boring and tedious. And the sad thing is there is no easy way to do it.

My Apologies for the Non- Political Electric car thread spiraling in Hell. I simply ( thought, anyways) I'd share my humble opinion. That was a mistake. Christians did carry swords, many years ago, but just because someone was an ***, didn't mean I had to feed into it. I tried to keep it simple, and it essentially escalated, beyond my control ( except for the fact, I was brought down to a lower level, by even responding to an antagonist) I Am Truly Sorry that Your Thread was contaminated with that BS. I don't have anger issues, but sometimes feel compelled to call it like I see it, however, there is No Excuse for my verbal actions there. It Hurts My Soul that I actually fell in that trap .. Peace

Very cool, Rani! And it will get lots of use at its new home!!

Last edited:

At least you're not drop kicking the Jeep into the yard.

I picked one up used for my granddaughter, the day I brought it home she was about 3 or so, I know she hit everything in the yard at least twice but had a blast.
I had to put a new battery in it, but no big deal, they are not that much money.

Her older sister has the corvette version that she has out grown, the corvette is way faster than the jeep, she would get it flying down the back alley, (its paved and very little traffic), let off the gas, cut the wheel then flooring it, and spin that little car around.
Giggling and laughing like crazy. I swear that I did not teach her that.

I picked one up used for my granddaughter, the day I brought it home she was about 3 or so, I know she hit everything in the yard at least twice but had a blast.
I had to put a new battery in it, but no big deal, they are not that much money.

Her older sister has the corvette version that she has out grown, the corvette is way faster than the jeep, she would get it flying down the back alley, (its paved and very little traffic), let off the gas, cut the wheel then flooring it, and spin that little car around.
Giggling and laughing like crazy. I swear that I did not teach her that.
Runs in the blood!

-
Back