Jerry's 1972 Duster

-

jerrydavis

Reaction score
2004787973145746935259.jpg

This is the Duster I bought in 1973 and it has been a race car every since.
I set the NHRA national record in 2003 at 10.89 with a 1.39 60' and have gone 10.81 @ 121.07 this year, it will go a little faster on the right track and right day. It has taken years to get it to run this well, up until the last couple of year's I usually qualified toward the botton of the list.

It considered Stock in NHRA, meaning it has stock heads, intake, carburator, 9.0 compression, 340 cu. in., 9" wide slicks. It has a stock lift Isky hydralic cam, stahl headers, 904 transmission, 8" converter and a 4.88 gear.

I cannot afford to race very much, but when I go it's usually one of the fastest car there for it's class. I have been to 5 races this year with 2 #1 qualifiers and 2 #2 qualifers. I plan to race at the 50th Indy race this year the last time I raced it there was at the 25th race.

I restored the car 3 years ago, sandblasting and painting it ever where (even underneith), has stock looking leather bucket seats and new chrome.

Thanks Jerry

Cool pic Jerry. If there is one, and only one class of racing I love to watch it is the stock eliminators. I find it amazing how they can get those cars to run the numbers they do. Its all about optimizing what the factory built. Glad to hear your still competitive within your index, its getting tougher every year!

I just have to ask :D how do you pull those kinda times, whats your build look like. i know some of it you want to keep secret just curious.

That's Cool!!!! :thumleft:
Hope mine can do that when i get it done! :D

good god, im not exactly sure how you get 10s out of that car... but thats impressive, niiice work.

-
Back