Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Contact seller
Have a set of hi back bucket seats from a 75-76 valiant brougham 4 door
these seats are fixed and do not flip forward
Wanted are the parts to convert these
want to recover and put in 70 340 swinger
Thanks

Sorry, I do not have the latches and please forgive the "commentary" on your wanted ad but I think this wll be pertainent and helpful:

I have used 4 door seats on two door cars a few times. If you remove the bolt that holds the seat back to the seat bottom there is a small metal "blocking plate" clipped on with a "c" clip. That part keeps the seat back from coming forward. If you remove the clamp, and reinstall the seat back without the "block" the seats can be used without the latches. They can be pulled forward at any time like the early 60s seats did. You could actually run them like that indefinately or until you find the parts you are looking for.

One other problem that you may encounter: The 75 and up driver's bucket seat had a different inner track. It was flat and designed to work with a floor "hump" that was added in 75 to allow room under the car for a catalytic converter. Your 70 inner floor (with no hump) will be approximately two inches lower than the 75 was. You can use the track from a 73-74 with no problem. I have also seen people use spacers on the 75 bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back