Junk yard find

-

torredcuda

Reaction score
Hit a yard yesterday I was told about by the kid I bought my `71 Duster from. Plenty of old stuff with a buch of Darts and Dusters, mostly /6 cars but there was one 340 Duster. Scored some parts including both 1/4 windows, a chrome mldg and a floor shift column and wheel out of the 340 car. I`m going back for more soon as we spent 3+ hours there and didn't see half of it!

Cool, my kids and I get a kick out seeing those old cars.
It's even better when you can scoop up some goodies!!!!!

Way cool! glad to see there is still some stuff out there.

The girlfriends a keeper-she not only enjoys going, she helps remove and carry parts!

the pic with your G.F. in it has a 59-60 2dr hrdtp caddy in the background parts for those are pricy too

Hit a yard yesterday I was told about by the kid I bought my `71 Duster from. Plenty of old stuff with a buch of Darts and Dusters, mostly /6 cars but there was one 340 Duster. Scored some parts including both 1/4 windows, a chrome mldg and a floor shift column and wheel out of the 340 car. I`m going back for more soon as we spent 3+ hours there and didn't see half of it!
Where are you located, or where is this junkyard?

That 340 car still have its rally dash? If so to might wanna grab it all (frame, heater controls, gauges, wiring, etc). That will be worth a few bucks.

340 car is pretty picked over, dash is long gone along with the vin and fender tags. Still has the k-frame but the engine mounts were torched off although the brakes and sway bar are still there.

Grab the upper lower arms and the entire brake setup. Those KH sell for some money.

More pictures of the 340 Duster please!! Imo thats one of the best colors you could have gotten that year!! If it stil has the 8 3/4 rear in it thats worth a good amount of $$$ even more if its a sure grip which is most likely!!

Well established junkyards with 50s, 60s car are a dying breed unfortunately, at least around here. Glad to see a few around every once and a while. I've got a really cool one just 15 min away, but they are primarily GM.

-
Back