just got here

-

ebluetortuga

Reaction score
Found this place online, so I thought I'd stop by. I just picked up a 1966 Dart GT. I'm still developing plans for it, but this will be my new project. I haven't determined exactly what to do, but one thing is for sure, it needs more power and better handling :thumrigh:

oh, and it nees some new wheels too :sad1: :tard:

here's a few pics of it... and yes, that's me with it

P5214405small.jpg

P5214406small.jpg

P5214407small.jpg

P5214410_small.jpg

P5214414small.jpg

P5214415small.jpg

Glad to have you. Nice ride and cool ink work. And your right. It needs new wheels, LOL

thanks for the welcome... i'm glad that i'm finally starting to find some good resources for the A-body

That thing is in excellent condition. Good find. What engine does it have right now? If it's the /6 or 273, you're right, it needs more power. I went through a 273 and a 318 in mine, but eventually ended up with a warmed up 360 in it. NOW it has the power i wanted. :)

OldVart said:
That thing is in excellent condition. Good find. What engine does it have right now? If it's the /6 or 273, you're right, it needs more power. I went through a 273 and a 318 in mine, but eventually ended up with a warmed up 360 in it. NOW it has the power i wanted. :)
it has the /6. originally I was thinking about turbocharging the 6, but then with other things i thought about doing, i'm leaning more towards a V8 swap... possibly a modern hemi...

i'm a new school kid with a fondness of the old school style, so for me a modern V8 is the best of both worlds :)

i'm thinking about 400hp... should get the car moving pretty well, and still be pretty street worthy

that was the plan in my last project, but i think i'm going to abandon that one for this :)

Welcome
Sweet Dart and a great project to start with.
Sounds great with a new gen hemi.

It's about time you showed up, we've been waiting for you. Could we see a picture of your car in color instead of black and white... oh, wait it is a color picture, just kidding, I dig black and white or white and black cars (and interiors, I dig the mats).

Welcome,
Chuck

-
Back