Just venting here. ScatPack Woes!

-
Reaction score
My project 70 340 duster been on the back burner for a while now. So this past May I finally ordered myself a new ride, Scatpack Challenger 6spd B5. Took ownership in June and couldn't be happier. How quickly that changed with this car. Its been back to the dealer numerous times already. Too sum up a long story, the car had cooling issues. It would run on the hot side quite often and it developed the dreaded hemi tick according to the dealer. Well i knew better it wasn't the injectors tapping. So in September i finally convinced the dealer to replace the lifters. Turns out all the plugs were gapped wrong from the factory and fouled out. Also according to the tech, the lifters had minor scoring on all of them. This car only has 1200 miles, unreal. So after 27 days at the dealership, they return my car. Runs like an animal now they say. After a day I still can hear a slight tap again plus I smell antifreeze and my temp is erratic now. Oh best part of this story, car was dropped off with 1192miles on the odometer. They returned it with 1690, 500 miles extra on the car. Plus a damaged rim and scratch on the door handle. To sum this story up, car is back at the dealer and now I will have to contact Dodge because I am getting a run around now. So hows that for a Dodge story today LOL!!

Well that bites. Yes you should call Dodge and get it handled. The dealer hasn't done you any favors either. Keep us posted. Don't be surprised if some late model bashers comment on your car and your dilemma. tmm

that's too bad :( . a lot of money, should have a nice ride. Maybe the lemon law would apply???????????????? And the extra 500 miles??? I would go ballistic!!! Completely unacceptable!!!!! I wonder why Dodge "accepts" the "hemi tic"? Isn't this 2015??? If they can't fix it, they should scrap it and start with a clean sheet of paper.....

If you financed a large portion of this car, You can get your insurance company to resolve this. We all know if you total your new car the insurance company will pay off the lein. BUT insurance is to make sure the lein holder is protected. In other words the property securing the loan stays valuable, just like if the Engine blows up or transmission needs replaced. In california at least you can get insurance to pay for these big ticket repairs. Not many know this. And you should go with the lemon law.

The screwed up engine QC and repair issues are reason enough to be furious....

Why the hell did they drive your car 500 miles!?!?!

-
Back