Keisler 5-speed conversions

-
Looks like about $5k to convert an auto over to the 5-speed. It's a little cheaper if you start out with a 833 4-speed since you would already have the pedals, flywheel, etc, etc.

That sounds like a lot, but I was already budgeting about $3k for a bulletproof street/strip trans, custom torque convertor, floor mount shifter, flexplate, and driveshaft. If you add $2.4k for a Gear Vendors overdrive, the 5-speed starts to look pretty darn nice.
:burnout:

I saw one at the shop last week. They put the Keisler in a 64 Plymouth (I think) with a 426 wedge. It looked like a very complete kit. They took out a 727...

Im wanting to do one of these conversions. I dont know if this is the kit i will get but its close. I might try to use a Viper T56 or somthing along that nature.

I will never run a 4 speed again the engine is always confortable even on the highway I have a Keisler.

Robert

I was thinking about getting a setup to replace my 4 speed so I can put some deeper gears in the thing.

Oh Yeah!I've got one in my 67 Formula S & I LOVE it!!!I run 4.10's & it turns 2400 rpm at 70.It was well worth every penny.

cudax4 said:
Oh Yeah!I've got one in my 67 Formula S & I LOVE it!!!I run 4.10's & it turns 2400 rpm at 70.It was well worth every penny.
Tell me more, please. Did you do the install yourself? How did it go? Did you find the kit to be complete, or did you need additional parts? How is the customer support from Keisler? Which trans did you get, the TKO-500 or TKO-600? What do you have for an engine?

Sorry for drilling you with questions, but I am seriously considering ordering one of these Keisler kits. I have a profit sharing check coming in a couple weeks and need some kind of transmission to put behind my 416 small block. I really want an overdrive, so I've narrowed the field to a 727+Gearvendors, an A518, or the Tremec 5-speed. The Keisler kit is the only A-body specific Tremec kit I have found.

The kit is complete a little bit of floor work it's thigh in the tunnel but fit real good, I'm very happy with it. I have the TKO 500.

Robert

-
Back