[SOLD] Keith Black pistons for a 360 !!!!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

duster360

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Contact seller
I have for sale a brand new set of Keith Black pistons. The part number is KB191. These pistons have been installed in an engine and I decided to go another direction with this engine so I have them for sale now. The engine has never been fired up. These pistons have also been balanced by a professional. They come with the rings on them also. I file fit the rings to the bore also. Wrist pins and spiral locks also included. I would like to get $175 shipped to your door in the lower 48 states. Here is a link to the specs for the pistons: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/UEM-KB191-020/

I will get some pictures by the weekend. The parts are located in Oxford, Al. 36203. Answer to this post or you can PM me here.

Yes, they are for .020" bore. I will get pictures this weekend. They are actually still in the engine, I am going to tear it down tomorrow.

Compression?
People always ask that question. If you think about it, it is a vague one.
Compression is calculated by bore, stroke, Head cc, piston cc either neg dish or pop up, piston in the hole or out depending on deck height and head gasket thickness not to mention valve events. So it would depend on all of those calculations to accurately quote a compression number.

People always ask that question. If you think about it, it is a vague one.
Compression is calculated by bore, stroke, Head cc, piston cc either neg dish or pop up, piston in the hole or out depending on deck height and head gasket thickness not to mention valve events. So it would depend on all of those calculations to accurately quote a compression number.

Yes. but every piston manufacturer can recommend the compression of each piston. Let's simplify it here. If you took out the STOCK pistons and then put in these, What compression would you haves? Ignore valve open and close events, that is dynamic compression, not static compression.

Yep I have these in a 360 bracket motor and I,m around 13 to 1. I had to hand work the chambers to 0 deck the motor, for clearance. I quenched at .038.

My best uncalculated guess would be down close to 11.0:1. Stock heads are supposed to be 68cc but really usually run around 72cc. And a stock undecked block would have the pistons way down in the hole roughly .025". This is just an estimate.

Yes. but every piston manufacturer can recommend the compression of each piston. Let's simplify it here. If you took out the STOCK pistons and then put in these, What compression would you haves? Ignore valve open and close events, that is dynamic compression, not static compression.

You still would need to know your Head CC to get it accurate and there is nothing accurate about a stock head, the CC are all over the place. And to get Accurate Dynamic Compression you will need to know everything I posted accept the Valve events.................so there is no way to "Accurately" know just by going with the pistons are 10:1 or whatever.

Here are some starter pictures of the pistons, I should have them out tomorrow and have more pictures. Click on the pictures for to go to my photobucket account for more engine pictures to see that it was never ran. All is brand new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back