Knock off Rpm Air Gap continued

-

Slantsix64

Reaction score
The last thread got removed because of political reasons? Lol anyways here’s the $135 Rpm Air Gap knock off I bought installed. Made a huge difference number one being the heat cross over is blocked and the carb sits above the intake, Carb is cooler and hot starts don’t happen anymore. I had the stock 68 340 intake even with the heat cross over the intake got super hot after shut off and my carb would boil.

Now for performance, I got to say is wow this thing pulls fast and quick to 6k with that Holley 750, the throttle response is excellent, the stock 340 intake felt like a rev limiter to be honest, 5500-6000 it wouldn’t pull as quick and always felt like I wasn’t pulling enough threw the carb.

IMG_2658.jpeg

IMG_2659.jpeg

IMG_2660.jpeg

IMG_2661.jpeg

Is that installed on an early a? I’m thinking about hood clearance with that intake and air cleaner combo.

It’s on a 68 barracuda, fits great even has a heat insulator gasket that raises it. Honestly you probably can make it work on an early a body, just need the right air cleaner/filter height

The last thread got removed because of political reasons? Lol anyways here’s the $135 Rpm Air Gap knock off I bought installed. Made a huge difference number one being the heat cross over is blocked and the carb sits above the intake, Carb is cooler and hot starts don’t happen anymore. I had the stock 68 340 intake even with the heat cross over the intake got super hot after shut off and my carb would boil.

Now for performance, I got to say is wow this thing pulls fast and quick to 6k with that Holley 750, the throttle response is excellent, the stock 340 intake felt like a rev limiter to be honest, 5500-6000 it wouldn’t pull as quick and always felt like I wasn’t pulling enough threw the carb.

View attachment 1716274105

View attachment 1716274106

View attachment 1716274107

View attachment 1716274108
Duuuddeee what baseplate and air filter to make the air gap fit with the commando air cleaner?!?!?

Ma mopar should have done that from the get go !!! They did it for the rb's. Thanks for the info !! Knowing it will fit under the hood of 69 barracuda..Going that route for my 408 ! I know that the holley is taller than the avs2 Ill be using...

love the fact that you kept the engine factory turquois or what ever the correct color is called..:thumbsup:

791545-c7069365431e9f84048d2c1e6e247dc5.jpg

Duuuddeee what baseplate and air filter to make the air gap fit with the commando air cleaner?!?!?
I know that the base plate is from that small universal air cleaner they sell at o Reilly's. And I’ll check the air filter part number tomorrow for you.

View attachment 1716274105

View attachment 1716274106

View attachment 1716274107

View attachment 1716274108

1720596104780.png

I got to say is wow this thing pulls fast and quick to 6k with that Holley 750, the throttle response is excellent,
I have the Eddy AG on my 360 with a 750DP, and I agree. Throttle response is something else.
and
in my 68 Barracuda it fit, tight but it did in-fact fit, and with a 70 aircleaner housing. Eventually I cut a hole in the hood, and sealed the hood to the airhorn, for fresh cold air, and hyup, excellent throttle response, right from idle, and seems to pull well, even to 7000+. I bought that intake when they came out, back in about 2001. It was expensive, but worth every penny; but I've never wished for another.

It’s on a 68 barracuda, fits great even has a heat insulator gasket that raises it. Honestly you probably can make it work on an early a body, just need the right air cleaner/filter height
wow, on my M body I had an edelbrock air gap, eddie 600 carb, and a factory cordoba dual snorkel air cleaner off of a 400 and it was TIGHT

Ma mopar should have done that from the get go !!! They did it for the rb's. Thanks for the info !! Knowing it will fit under the hood of 69 barracuda..Going that route for my 408 ! I know that the holley is taller than the avs2 Ill be using...

love the fact that you kept the engine factory turquois or what ever the correct color is called..:thumbsup:

View attachment 1716274133
Yep, it’s called Detroit alpine green O’Reilly stocks it!

Part number is 42020 on the air filter and the base plate is this Mr gasket 1487
Sweet, thank you. It looks like you didn’t have to lose much filter vs stock, that filter is just under 3”.

FYI, if you ever need some more room there is a way to make a base plate using an air cleaner from a mid 90’s ram van.

Post #9 by @66fs

273 style air cleaner base

-
Back