Know of any other Mopars in your hood?

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
I was blown away to find a guy down the street with a 68 Notch b'cuda, 340, original owner.

His neighbor has a 66 valiant but it must be in the paint shop since i have not seen it for a while and he said he was gonna restore it.

Another guy at Church has a 68 383, 4 spd triple black F/B Barracuda, and yes (it's for sale to the right bidder.)
It's a upper midwest car, original one owner as well and it has lots of rust in every body panel, but it's all there.
He ruined the grilled though because he added fog lights in there and hogged big holes in the aluminum.

Another buddy from church has bought and sold just about every Mopar imaginable throughout the years, and he currently has a 73 'cuda in pieces with a built 340 ready to go.

Guy lives behind me has a 75 scamp 360/904, and his son has a 72 Cuda, and a 70 coronet R/Ta nd some old chevy's/fords.
Super nice guy's, even Mom drives a 30's Ford pickup with a 350 crate motor, cmaro front end and her favorite paint....rust.
She said she will never paint it, she like the rat rod look.
The dad with the scamp wants my 71 swinger badly so I may be selling it to him when he comes up with the money.
He already has plans to yank the 360 out of the scamp and put it in the swinger...great idea!
Either that or put a crate motor in it and have two hot small block A-bodies.

There are a few darts and scamps running around that I see from time to time.

About once a year I see a FJ-6 AAR cuda about a mile from the house.

Member here WRFLYER brings his 69 440 black notchback to the auto parts store 1.5 miles up the street, and he usually pops in if I'm home.

There is a 70, 383 ' plum crazy 'cuda up the street, and he used to have a cool petty blue swinger with white interior he sold.

There is a nice 69 super bee that a local guy bought from a large collection from inside a chicken coop for about $3500 bucks.

I just had a customer today that is a big Mopar fanatic but does not have one as of yet, but he's looking for a challenger.

Seems to be quite a few more Mopars popping up around here, most of these ones I mentioned are just within a 2 mile radius.

I hope to see some more in the springtime.

Well there is a guy down the street with a blue 69 383 4spd road runner and another guy across from me that has a 65 dart gt 273 auto along with a 68'
[i think] 383 4spd dart 'Factory'.

will they sell'em? Money talks

My parts guy at Chrysler lives right near me, he's got a 67 Dart with a built 318, auto, flat black.

My cousin lives 3 minutes from me, he has a 72 Duster with a fresh rebuilt 360, fast fun car, hemi orange, black hood. Also has a 68 Dart, built 440 auto drag car. Then a 72 Dart, 340 auto.

There is a guy up the street with a 66 Fury.

Another guy up the street has a Volare wagon with a 340.

A friend of mine a few kms away has a 64 Valiant 4 door /6 and a 68 Barracuda 318 with sunroof.

Joe has too many mopars. If you look at the 54 Desoto wanted ad by 360Scamp you will see how many he has.

Another guy has a 72 Charger 440 auto.

And another has a 73 Duster 360, its pink. He painted it pink and did it up to give to his daughter for her birthday, then she didn't want it so now he drives around a pink Duster.

And a guy a couple kms away has a 67 Coronet 440 auto.

A guy in Errington (10 minutes away) has a 70 Duster 340 4 bolt main 4 speed, plum crazy, sitting in a shed that is falling down on it. Hasn't been driven since the 80s.

Boy I would love to have that 68 383 4 speed Barracuda rusty or not.
Jim

You and me both.

He's been kicking the idea of having it restored but knows it will cost a fortune, so he seems to be leaning more to the selling it side.

My other Mopar buddy from church wants it badly and I keep telling the owner about it and he keeps telling me that he did'nt know that and that he will have to talk to him about it.

This has been going on for about the past 4 years now so I bet he would sell it if someone came to him with an offer.

I'm not sure what the sub frame looks like underneath but I would imagine it's not perfect by how rusty the body is.

Even the upper flat portions of the fenders have rust from all that salt up there.
the good thing is that it ran and drove until he parked it for good one day about ten years ago.

I'd like to see someone light a spark on this project car and build it back to new.

My parts guy at Chrysler lives right near me, he's got a 67 Dart with a built 318, auto, flat black.

My cousin lives 3 minutes from me, he has a 72 Duster with a fresh rebuilt 360, fast fun car, hemi orange, black hood. Also has a 68 Dart, built 440 auto drag car. Then a 72 Dart, 340 auto.

There is a guy up the street with a 66 Fury.

Another guy up the street has a Volare wagon with a 340.

A friend of mine a few kms away has a 64 Valiant 4 door /6 and a 68 Barracuda 318 with sunroof.

Joe has too many mopars. If you look at the 54 Desoto wanted ad by 360Scamp you will see how many he has.

Another guy has a 72 Charger 440 auto.

And another has a 73 Duster 360, its pink. He painted it pink and did it up to give to his daughter for her birthday, then she didn't want it so now he drives around a pink Duster.

And a guy a couple kms away has a 67 Coronet 440 auto.

A guy in Errington (10 minutes away) has a 70 Duster 340 4 bolt main 4 speed, plum crazy, sitting in a shed that is falling down on it. Hasn't been driven since the 80s.

Nice to see someone buy that 340 duster from under that crotchety shed.

theres a guy down the street that has a 66 barracuda and a 64 dart 4 door. I left him a note that says www.forabodiesonly.com .. and yesterday someone came to my door and left a message asking me where to get weather stripping cause he has a 63 2 door.

I know of many.One is my Buddies Dads 1971 440 sixbbl Cuda,shaker hood,4 speed,dana,blue with very very rare strobe stripe.He has had it since the early 70's and I think it has been parked in the garage since the late 70's.
Jim

Nice to see someone buy that 340 duster from under that crotchety shed.

Unfortunatly the guy won't sell. Refuses to. Comes out with a gun and says get off my property. The only person he has spoken with has been my cousin because he drove his Duster to the guy's house.

There's a lot within a 5 mile range. Lots of classics and street rods. I've met a 10-20 of the Mopar guys at shows. Met a few magazine editors from around here too.

I grew up in the city not in the suburbs. So stopping by someones house with the garage door up sort of freaks me out.

The guy down the road lives in an old fire station and has a 73 or 74 charger, a few tri-five chevies show up there all the time including a black fuel injected and a nomad. Ross has met him and knows what else is in the back of the garage.
There is Taras (Ross' better half) Dart up the hill from me, across the street is the most beat to hell 73 charger that some old guy drives, there is a blue Scamp around here somewhere, there used to be a 68 coronet wagon with a 383 that was a one owner car with all the documents but the old lady went to a home and the car was sold (NOT TO ME!!!) for 2300 bucks, and every now and then a 70 challenger convert goes by that shakes the windows.

Oh and sometimes Ross does a burnout in front of my house at 2am in the Newport.

one guy i know lives couple streets over from me Daniel Banker RIP he owns at the time i know of 3-4 1970 challengers couple hemi cars and a 70 panther pink 440-6pak challenger another guy i know lives 2 min away owns a real neat 1971 cuda orange w/orange interior 340 shaker hood car and the other day i was driving around and saw someone driving a 70-71 demon or duster with a white top never knew that car was in town,

Just these three, a 69 340 4 Spd Swinger and a 70 plumb crazy road runner.

petes car show #2 011.jpg

petes car show #2 015.jpg

petes car show #2 020.jpg

i have mean318 and 360duster in my neighbourhood. both are fabo members 8). There are some guys in lohr (germany :-D) with ´69 roadrunner 383, ´69 dart with hot 360 and nos, dodge 330 superstocker, ´67 chrysler newport, ´69 coronet, ´68 charger. Hope to find some pics.

A few close by. My neighbor behind me is building a '70 'Cuda with a new 6.1 Hemi. Just got it back from paint a couple of weeks ago and it looks great. Doing the assembly now and hopes to have it complete and on the road in Jan. '09.
Couple of fellow car club members live a few blocks away. They've both got Road Runner Hemi convertibles - one of is an Overhaulin' car done by Foose.

10 houses from me at the top of my street an old timer as a 1965 Dart and a 1969 Challenger RT. Both are perfectly restored and just plain beautiful. Once a month or so when he catches me in the garage he comes by and blows me a load of crap because Im not doing mine to be original. Kind of bothered me at first but now I get a sick sense of enjoyment out of his dislkike of my car.

The guy down the road lives in an old fire station and has a 73 or 74 charger, a few tri-five chevies show up there all the time including a black fuel injected and a nomad. Ross has met him and knows what else is in the back of the garage.
There is Taras (Ross' better half) Dart up the hill from me, across the street is the most beat to hell 73 charger that some old guy drives, there is a blue Scamp around here somewhere, there used to be a 68 coronet wagon with a 383 that was a one owner car with all the documents but the old lady went to a home and the car was sold (NOT TO ME!!!) for 2300 bucks, and every now and then a 70 challenger convert goes by that shakes the windows.

Oh and sometimes Ross does a burnout in front of my house at 2am in the Newport.

I don't do burnouts that was Tara. (ok maybe I lie a little) I think the black charger at the old firehouse is a '72, I know it is a one owner and is a 440. Don't forget Mike isn't to far away from yha and he has a few including the challenger.

I have seen a '65 newport a '66 furry, a '67 furry 318 3spd column shift manual 1 owner, a '70 challenger, a '70 gtx a '68 charger Jon's dart a '77 aspen 4 door, 2 '76 volare wagons and a few more b bodies. All in Kirkland and all in the past 6 months. Not to mention my own or JR's

That would make a good movie title. The Mopar's in the hood. LOL Look out, we roll hard.

There are a few Mopars in my hood. I try to keep track of them. There is a.

71 Scamp
75 Duster
70 Valiant
76 duster
and an early A that I just noticed running around town I need to get a better look at.

All A bodies. I have not seen any B, E, or C bodies yet.

-
Back