knowing what you know now what would you have done different.

There is probably an endless list but here it goes

• done nothing different

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • went completely stock

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • overdrive

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • went with forged pistons (better internals/stroker)

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • 4 speed

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • different rear end dana,8 3/4,ford 8.8 or just different gears

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • bought a better car to start with (less rust)

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • turbo

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • blower

• nitrous

• Total voters
-
I wish I had asked more questions about my families heritage while my grandmothers were alive. I am doing ancestry now and have so many unknowns.

I would have not completed a masters degree. It just took a lot of time, *** load of money, and isn't doing me much good.

A bachelor's is plenty to make decent money and not waste a ton of resources.

Personally: I would have taken the offer to go play pro basketball in Europe.
During the Gas Shortage I turned down: a 1969 Road Runner ($100), a 1969 Hemi Super Bee ($700), 1969 Dodge Polara Police Interceptor with the 440 Interceptor engine ($500), and then I traded my 1964 Polara 500 and the 426 Stage II Ramcharger engine that I was going to stab in it.

I would've started with something not a mopar and saved a couple bucket loads of money

Well, for the auto point of view for this post....
I should not have thrown away a beautiful push-button dash, just because of some toasted wiring.
I should not have thrown away a perfectly good 60/40 bench seat
I should not have thrown away a perfectly good, unreproduced, crack-free speaker grill, just cause i wanted to replace it with a switch and guage panel.
I should not have put a roll cage in a car that just barely needed one.
I should have fixed the horrible paint under the hood, instead of just stabbing in a motor so i could play.
Edit: this is just the begining, the list goes on.....and on.......and on.........

I would have bought that Superbird for $6500 in 1985 ! Original hemi car with a 440 in it and a damaged K member.

I live every day looking forward, not back. I look for the joy in everything I do, sometimes it’s hard to find, but it’s there, and worth searching for. I believe that if anything were changed in my life, I would be a different person than I am today. I’m happy, healthy, and enjoy all of the blessings God has given me. He never gave me more than I deserved, or more than I could handle. Change? What would I possibly change?

Like most, I could say I wish I had kept a certain car, the list is LONG...but I hope those souls that still have said car respect it for what it is and enjoy it every day, if not sell it to someone that will!!!!!!
And I wish I had met my wife 50 years ago instead of 4. She is the best.

Never sold my first 66 Coronet, my 73 Duster, my 73 Challenger, my 71 torino gt or my 70 Super Bee, especially that last one.

I would have bought that Superbird for $6500 in 1985 ! Original hemi car with a 440 in it and a damaged K member.
My dad always told me to invest in land ----------I didn`t listen !
I turned down an original 440 superbird for $1800 because of a bad paint job.
I found a 1970 hemi barracuda w/ under 12000 miles on it "perfect new shape) on a car lot close to my (then) house , for $11,900 and thot couldn`t afford it .
Got rid of two hemi cars , before they went out of sight !

I should have kept my 70 Challenger RT 440/Auto, sold it at 21 years old when I got married

The one I looked at in 1986 was only $2500!

...and the 70 'Cuda 383 shaker hood 4 speed car in original in-violet was only $2000 as was the Bahama yellow 69 Roadrunner convertible.

Still have the 69 - 340 Swinger I bought new, so no regret there .
Married 48 wonderful yrs. to one wife , no regrets .

hmmmm -

I Wish I'd let go of the ski rope, after I came off the ski ! !

Last edited:
Oh, and married 36 years.

RT 10 (2).jpeg

I should've kept the 69 Charger RT/SE, and the 72 Chevelle my parents bought new, and the 71 Monte Carlo my neighbor bought new. Sold them all to finance a brand new 88 5.0 Mustang.
Those 2 chevies would buy a lot of mopar parts nowadays!

I still chuckle remembering several 70 code (440-4bbl) cars, yes thy were projects, but complete and almost rust free, that NO ONE wanted at $1500-2000 back in early 90's. Or a 72 340 Cuda rust free no one wanted compete but a project at $1500 I gave $900 in La and hauled it back to Missouri. . Red 3 on the floor car. Parted it out for $2500 LOL

Should have bought property instead of cars and motorcycles.
BUT that requires that I would have to grow up....

Honestly, wish I had never got back into the hobby since the Divorce. A whole bunch of been there and done that before putting my hands on the one I have now. It's a great hobby and always enjoy it but working on everything mechanical and work gives me the fix I. But I wouldn't change the course of anything now in regards to the car. Just letting it all play out....

JW

-
Back