LA Mechanical Roller cam opinions.

-

dowboy1970

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Are these the same cams and if so, does anyone have first hand experience with this grind and what is your opinion?

Motor is a 360 with Eddy heads and should make around 10 to 11 compression. 4 speed and rear end can be 3,55 or 3,91.

https://www.compcams.com/xtreme-energy-248-254-solid-roller-cam-for-chrysler-273-360.html

IMG_9582.jpeg

Number is correct.

What are you intentions with the car?
Street
Track
Both

I would definitely run at least the 3:91 with that kind of cam.

Number is correct.

What are you intentions with the car?
Street
Track
Both

I would definitely run at least the 3:91 with that kind of cam.
Manual steering, manual brakes, manual shift, old school street, strip or grudge car.

Manual steering, manual brakes, manual shift, old school street, strip or grudge car.
That is like shooting fish on a barrel.
Be specific. Us guessing your cam for you and not knowing gear ratio, tire height, valve size, cubic inches and transmission / intake carb is lucky guessing.

That is like shooting fish on a barrel.
Be specific. Us guessing your cam for you and not knowing gear ratio, tire height, valve size, cubic inches and transmission / intake carb is lucky guessing.
Most of your questions are answered in my original post.

If I do run this cam, I will more than likely run a Victor 340 or maybe a Torker II since I already have it.

I am not really looking for a cam recommendation as much as I am looking for a review of this cam.

In engines we have test similar to your compo = the
Victor 340 has generated demonstratable better performance
than the Torker II (around 30HP @ 6,000).

MY .02 = For Free

-
Back