Layson WARNING

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.demon

dr.demon
Reaction score
:thumbdow:For those of you who may order parts from laysons BEWARE. Here is my story

2 yrs ago while my 1972 Demon was in the middle of a rotissoire restoration I went to the Nats and was getting parts for the completion of my car. I ventured in to laysons tent and talked to one of the sale reps and told him I needed wheel lip molding for my 72 Demon, he searched the molding they brought to show and found a set for 72 Dart and said it is the same as a Demon, so I purchased the trim. When the car was nearing completion I found that the front fit but the rears did not. I called layson right away and told someone there the problem. Since this was probably close to a year later I was told I would have to ship parts back so they could see them and send more money to cover the increase in price plus return shipping, and like a fool I did. I called several times trying to find out if I would ever get shipped the correct wheel lip molding, and alway got the same reply Sorry Mr. Cook they are still on back order but you are on the list to recieve parts when they arrive. Well just got off the phone with someone named dave dont know if it was layson or some other stooge and was told they never recieved my return parts and without a tracking # , which after 1 year I can no longer furnish, I will not be recieving the wheel lip molding that had been promised all the other times I called to inquire. Sorry for the lengthy post., but I am very angry right now, and this is probably all my fault for not being more careful with my parts and money. Believe me I will NEVER ORDER FROM layson AGAIN, and I thought I should warn you all.

Respectfully Submitted Tony

I tried to buy something from them a few years ago and was told i could give them some money and when they got orders for 50 they would mfg. No thanks.

It just never ends!

Sorry to hear about your dealings with them. I, too, have been a victim of Layson's "business practices".

Some things never change. If for some reason you must do business with this company, do nothing over the phone. Make sure everything is in writing. If they tell you something is the same/will fit, get it in writing (even if you are dealing in person). I got lucky, several years ago. I was told the floor pans, they sell for a 63-66 were different (which the should be) then the ones for a 67-69. When they arrived, they were marked for a 67-69. I brought this to their attention, and was told, they need to be "cut to fit". BS, I could have got the same pieces (67-69) elsewhere for over $100 less. I wanted correct fit. Laysons would not do anything about it, untill I threatened to file criminal charges for fraud, and false advertising. Luckily everything was by e-mail, and documented, and payed by credit card. I did get a refund, including shipping both ways. I will not deal with them, unless I have no choice. Buyer beware.

no way. i find that so hard to believe. lol.. freaking bunch of crooks.

can't believe that anyone actually buys from them anymore. there isn't one mopar site out there that doesn't have basically this same type of story on it yet, people still buy from them crooks. and i tell everyone i can that if you have no choice but to buy from these crooks that you better have the part in your hand at a show before any money leaves your hand.

should have kept them locked up..

robwolf.jpg

No problem warning me, I won't buy from them. They had a display of parts in MN at the Mopar show in Farming this summer and they were selling tail, signal, and marker light lenses, each had a dab of hard glue over the Pentastar logo to cover it up, what a croc, if I am spending that much I don't want the ugly crap on my new lenses. They must have had to do this due to Chrysler cracking down on them...:angry7:

Well it wont happen again, and I will advise everyone I come in contact with to go elsewhere for there parts.

I bought tail light housings for my Barracuda from them. They didn't fit--had about a 1/4" gap along the outside edge. When I sent them back, it took over 2 months for them to "investigate" whether or not there was a flaw with them before they finally refunded my money. I had to call a couple times a week to keep them engaged. I think Rick is the only one there that cares about customer service. He's the one that finally got me my money back. I'll never buy from them again.

I bought tail light housings for my Barracuda from them. They didn't fit--had about a 1/4" gap along the outside edge. When I sent them back, it took over 2 months for them to "investigate" whether or not there was a flaw with them before they finally refunded my money. I had to call a couple times a week to keep them engaged. I think Rick is the only one there that cares about customer service. He's the one that finally got me my money back. I'll never buy from them again.

Ive heard that Rick is the guy to talk to. Unfortunantly he is surronded by incompitance

I haven't looked, but does this site have a list of suppliers that are Excellent, and a list that have multiple problems, just as a help to anyone looking to buy parts?

I too have had my issues with them, unfortunately they are the only company that I can find that has early A parts. I fell for the floor pan trick myself, ( they were drop shipped from Auto Body Specialties, where I could have bought them for half the price I paid Laysons) and I had to trim to fit.

I too have had my issues with them, unfortunately they are the only company that I can find that has early A parts. I fell for the floor pan trick myself, ( they were drop shipped from Auto Body Specialties, where I could have bought them for half the price I paid Laysons) and I had to trim to fit.

There has to be someone else, we as a group need to boycott laysons for good. All of the mopar community needs to send those losers a message

Here, at FABO, we have Rick, of Laysons, who personally handles this sites Mopar parts and see's to customer happiness. He is currently out sick but will return or has returned... sorry Rick... My mind is to crowed with bologna.

Anyway, the stories with this company never seem to end but with the exception of Rick, who has helped us in a really big way.

Contact Rick here at FABO and see if there is something he can do for you in the future or straighten something out from past orders.

ALSO, Rick checks on your order before he takes your money. IF he does not have the part, not only does he let you know he doesn't have, but also tells yoiu if there getting it and when and still doesn't take your money until the part is in house....then he lets you know that they have it.

If you then still want it, proper biz takes place.

... I just don't think I can take one more of these stories.

Thread re-opened by request... though I'm not sure why it should be opened since theres dozens of these threads around here and Laysons is not going to care what you write about them or change there ways due to the posts you write no mater how bad they are.

The only way they'll change is when you hitte. in there wallet, via legal court action!!!!

Being arested by the police due to Chrysler complaints of copy right infringement has not slowed them down a bit.

Tincup said I should re-open the thread and stated;

As consumers we have a right to know, and inform others, about a less than honest company.

While I agree that we have the right to know and we do, it's called the freedom of information act and a big helpper is the better biz offices.

It's not this forums/sites duty to so inform.

Theres a saying that the courts hold up quite well and often, it's called buyer beware.

Now go argue amongest yourself about that one and see how far the court likes you. Good luck, I'm out.

Thread re-opened by request... though I'm not sure why it should be opened since theres dozens of these threads around here and Laysons is not going to care what you write about them or change there ways due to the posts you write no mater how bad they are.

The only way they'll change is when you hitte. in there wallet, via legal court action!!!!

Being arested by the police due to Chrysler complaints of copy right infringement has not slowed them down a bit.

While I agree that we have the right to know and we do, it's called the freedom of information act and a big helpper is the better biz offices.

Theres a saying that the courts hold up quite well and often, it's called buyer beware.

Now go argue amongest yourself about that one and see how far the court likes you. Good luck, I'm out.

The BBB is a joke, they have no pull if a company does not want to cooperate.
As for legal action, if you cannot document everything, it is next to useless (I was able to document everything), and even if you can document everything, try taking legal action against an entity that is locatated many hundreds of miles away. Unless it is major money, it generally is not worth it. If legal action by a Major corp. (Chrysler) did not stop them, what chance does an indivirual have.
I disagree about it not being this forums duty to inform. That is the main reason for sites like this, to inform and help others in the auto hobby. That includes praising good vendors, and condemming bad ones. As for buyer beware, that is true, and we are warning buyers, about a bad company, so others don't get stung.

I too have had bad luck with Laysons. They send the wrong parts or they don't fit or God knows what. In any case it's tough getting your money back. Bad news travels fast!

Sorry about your experience, and I'd never defend Layson's, but...

You were restoring a Demon and didn't realize that the rear wheel wells are different between a Demon and a Dart? It's a pretty obvious difference.

Granted, the Layson's salesman should've known the difference, too, but learning what parts are interchangeable is part of fixing up old cars.

Hope everything works out for you, though.

The BBB is a joke, they have no pull if a company does not want to cooperate.

I agree.

I disagree about it not being this forums duty to inform. That is the main reason for sites like this, to inform and help others in the auto hobby. That includes praising good vendors, and condemming bad ones. As for buyer beware, that is true, and we are warning buyers, about a bad company, so others don't get stung.

This is a forum for people to gather and talk, discuss, etc.... A body MoPars.

In no way would this forum except any responablity or assume any duty.
Would you?

If you would, this leaves you open to legal action by someone who didn't see a post about not useing *** on there car due to possible death in it's use.
I assume your going to get your own bulletian board now since you feel so strongly about "Doing the right thing."

Since this is the best possible venue to go in, in informing others of vendor issue and other such issue's, make sure that the warning of these things above are in the agreement before there allowed to join up.

I agree.

This is a forum for people to gather and talk, discuss, etc.... A body MoPars.

Exactly, including the discussion, of good and bad vendors.

In no way would this forum except any responablity or assume any duty.
Would you?

The forums only responsibility/duty, is to allow the posting of personal experiance with vendors.

If you would, this leaves you open to legal action by someone who didn't see a post about not useing *** on there car due to possible death in it's use.
As long as the truth is told there is no issue of liability. I can document my experiance with Laysons.
I assume your going to get your own bulletian board now since you feel so strongly about "Doing the right thing."
Not necessary. This one is just fine.
Since this is the best possible venue to go in, in informing others of vendor issue and other such issue's, make sure that the warning of these things above are in the agreement before there allowed to join up.

Please elaborate, I don't understand this statement.

i agree this should stay open. people come to these forums for info of all kinds. weather its for how to repair this, what do you recommend for that and where to buy things. laysons has a long running bad rep of ripping people off,not delivering parts when they took the persons money etc...etc...etc... and people should be able to post their story to inform and warn new people to the hobby that don't know the story. i know if i was new to the hobby and didn't know laysons track record i would want to be informed before i sent them my hard earned money. i then can make an informed decision as to weather i want to do business with them or not. that guy rick from laysons can defend the place and try to rebuild the rep if he wants. thats fine and good if he follows through with it. but as soon as you start deleting posts like these or even closing them the forum loses all credibility in my opinion. now i can see if things get real nasty or vulgar then by all means edit or delete certain posts but the word and information needs to be out there about such a poor vendor in my opinion.

well they weren't at carlisle so they had to slow down some. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back