Leafs parts list questions

-

Kllrbee

Reaction score
Hey all,
Im ordering new leafs. Going with Espo 340 6 leaf +1 for my 69 Dart. Have a couple questions about hardware.
My shackles and U bolts look to be in good shape as far as I can see. Cant see the bushings obvioulsly, but Ill replace those regardless. Is it recommended to replace the shackles and ubolts anyways since its all apart? I know they arent very expensive, but why replace if still in ok shape? Just wanted to get your opinions?
Also, I thought I saw somewhere the front eye bolt is a different size with these new leafs. Can anyone confirm that? If so, Ill get those too.
Thanks for the help.

If your going to be hard on the car, it can’t hurt to use new hardware. As for the eyes, most of the time bushing kits like from Energy have both size bushing in the kit for the stock size bolts...

Around here, I have no problem reusing hardware. We don't have much of a rust problem. In Illinois? I'll leave that to your experience. Most of the rust belt stuff I've dismantled had some pretty nasty hardware.

If not rusty, I'd reuse them. I've found some original hardware is much better quality than some of the replacements I've seen. Too much stuff made of Chinesium these days.

-
Back