Lean burn or not ? And Desmog a T-Quad ??

-

ValerianMagnum

the little car that could
Reaction score
9108s, nice one but to desmog ??

20210410_145124.jpg

20210410_145111.jpg

20210410_145139.jpg

20210410_145242.jpg

Last edited:
Just cap the vacuum nipples not needed.
Down the front of the primary barrels, are there any in barrel holes/ports?

What rumble said. You are lucky, smog stuff not as bad as later 9XXX series carbs.

Agreed, my rule of thumb is 70-80’s models with less ports and no 3/8 bowl vent on the lid. I “think” (disclaimer her as there is always someone who knows more) that pre 76
Before lean burn, there was ported vacuum. After that I think it was a mixed bag as I have an 1980. 9292 that has two ported vacuum fittings.

Last edited:
With the numbers...ive found that its a 78 version ( for canada ) on a 400 c.i. but i want to rebuilt it but dont know if i can run it with a eletric ignition...want it for my 71 cuda and i dont know the carb details on a non smog car TQ and a smog lean burn one...

The only problem I see is it does not appear to have ported vacuum for the distributor vacuum advance. I usually tend to use early TQ's.

The only problem I see is it does not appear to have ported vacuum for the distributor vacuum advance. I usually tend to use early TQ's.
With the numbers...ive found that its a 78 version ( for canada ) on a 400 c.i. but i want to rebuilt it but dont know if i can run it with a eletric ignition...want it for my 71 cuda and i dont know the carb details on a non smog car TQ and a smog lean burn one...
Can’t remember where or when I saw where it was an easy fix to install a vacuum port. All you had to do was drill the base plate into the primary bore. It was relatively easy to see where you need to drill. if you are interested I have another 9292 1980 truck 750 cfm,that has an altitude compensator, an idle stop solenoid to cushion the throttle return to full idle, and 2 ported vacuum ports plus full choke hardware. It needs a through cleaning and a kit, this is a complete unmolested carb. If you’re interested send a pm. Thanks

Is this carb in between the 2 ( no lean and lean burn ) ? Anyone a schematic of the mods that are needed , never played with a thermoquad, thank you

That's not a bad one. Some people would mistakenly either throw it away or use it for parts, but it's a pretty decent one. You may find it needs richening up some once you get it running, but it's worth trying it like it is.

That's not a bad one. Some people would mistakenly either throw it away or use it for parts, but it's a pretty decent one. You may find it needs richening up some once you get it running, but it's worth trying it like it is.
Thank you Rusty , but it can run with a regular mopar electri ecu right ?

I’m not fully understanding except, yea, I was a new guy once too and it was hard for a spell. Please restate the, question? The difference in what now?

I’m not fully understanding except, yea, I was a new guy once too and it was hard for a spell. Please restate the, question? The difference in what now?
Sorry wrote it wrong , fixed it..i was asking whats really the difference for this 78 400 c.i tquad and a 1972 tquad....i just wanted to be sure that it could go on a mild 360 without any major issues.

Your two issues are tuning parts and a vacuum nipple for the vacuum advance. There is also the question I asked you didn’t answer.

-
Back