Left turn signal issue

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I noticed yesterday my LH dash signal indicator wasn't working. Now it is, BUT now my front left signal isn't working. Rear left is. Both front and rear right is working.
Chkd for power at yellow wire where it connects to bulb. Nothing. Removed underhood bulkhead and checked at "U" cavity at bulkhead, nothing.
That terminal is fed from headlight switch, which feeds the rear left which works.
From HL switch the yellow/tracer goes to front, while the black goes to rear.
Ideas?
67 barracuda
Thanks
Steve

There are 4 contacts in there, one for the front and back on both sides. my right rear wasn't working and everything else was. I have in some cases pulled the contacts out of the switch and cleaned them and got them working again.

Thanks, I'll look/chk steering column connector tomorrow, and then pull steering wheel(dammit!)
There are 4 contacts in there, one for the front and back on both sides. my right rear wasn't working and everything else was. I have in some cases pulled the contacts out of the switch and cleaned them and got them working again.

May check the front light harness grounds at the radiator support/frame rail area also. I chased a similar issue for years where mine would not light at the front left, but rear blinkers would. By sheer chance, I bumped the harness under hood, while my blinker rod had been Accidentally bumped and was clicked to"left turn", and I saw the fender indicator light up. Tightened the ground bolt, and fixed everything. I just got lucky while not even looking for it.

Thanks Johnny, I tried the wiggle/jiggle with no luck. Right side works fine, left nothing. Also at bulkhead with test light I get flicker for rh, nothing at lh.
May check the front light harness grounds at the radiator support/frame rail area also. I chased a similar issue for years where mine would not light at the front left, but rear blinkers would. By sheer chance, I bumped the harness under hood, while my blinker rod had been Accidentally bumped and was clicked to"left turn", and I saw the fender indicator light up. Tightened the ground bolt, and fixed everything. I just got lucky while not even looking for it.

Well I was able to track the issue down to bulkhead connector and steering column connector. Stupid me was tracking the yellow/tracer but it turns out the one I should've been checking was light green.... :BangHead:
Steering column wiring at the connector needs freshening up, but I'll leave that for another time. I replaced a few loose connectors there to get me going.
Silver lining, while I had steering wheel off I installed one I bought recently. Not sure whether I will put the black wrap from prev wheel on or not.
Thanks all.

20240810_161143.jpg

20240810_161115.jpg

20240810_161156.jpg

Last edited:
Well I was able to track the issue down to bulkhead connector and steering column connector. Stupid me was tracking the yellow/tracer but it turns out the one I should've been checking was light green.... :BangHead:
Steering column wiring at the connector needs freshening up, but I'll leave that for another time. I replaced a few loose connectors there to get me going.
Silver lining, while I had steering wheel off I installed one I bought recently. Not sure whether I will put the black wrap from prev wheel on or not.
Thanks all.

View attachment 1716287531

View attachment 1716287532

View attachment 1716287533
I wouldn't cover that steering wheel up

-
Back