Legendary seat covers wrinkles

-

Dartswinger70

Reaction score
I redid my 50/50 split bench with the Legendary kits. I am happy with them however there are wrinkles in the seat back on the side where the release button is to tilt the seat forward. It looks like when I tightened down the bezel it drawn it in where the switch is. I am reading that the wrinkles will eventually go away after sitting in the heat etc. But I was also thinking of removing the cover and putting one more layer of cotton filler on but i dont want to disassemble the seat and put more hog ring holes in it if this is a bad idea. I also have a heat gun I can attempt to treat the wrinkles with. Any suggestions?

I redid my 50/50 split bench with the Legendary kits. I am happy with them however there are wrinkles in the seat back on the side where the release button is to tilt the seat forward. It looks like when I tightened down the bezel it drawn it in where the switch is. I am reading that the wrinkles will eventually go away after sitting in the heat etc. But I was also thinking of removing the cover and putting one more layer of cotton filler on but i dont want to disassemble the seat and put more hog ring holes in it if this is a bad idea. I also have a heat gun I can attempt to treat the wrinkles with. Any suggestions?
Do you happen to have a picture you can post??

Ill post one up later at some point . i think that's a good idea maybe the wrinkles are somewhat normal. i did follow legendarys instructions so I dont think that i dont have enough cotton filler in the seat.

Ill post one up later at some point . i think that's a good idea maybe the wrinkles are somewhat normal. i did follow legendarys instructions so I dont think that i dont have enough cotton filler in the seat.
Here's a pic from Legendary's site. (double click on the image to enlarge it)

Is this the same seat you have?

If so , notice the wrinkle by the seat back release. It looks like a normal occurrence and nothing to worry about.

I'd just take A56's advice and leave it if that's all it is .

70 Dart Custom Split Bench Uph - Lt Met Gr/Dk Met Gr - Legendary Auto Interiors

Thanks for the replies. I just took these pics tonight and I held a droplight over them to light the interior up. Believe it or not it looks better than it did . I was holding off on the headrest bezels until I decided whether i was going to take the seat back apart. I think if i leave it sit or use some light heat I can smooth it out.

20241007_175218.jpg

20241007_175224.jpg

20241007_175238.jpg

Thanks for the replies. I just took these pics tonight and I held a droplight over them to light the interior up. Believe it or not it looks better than it did . I was holding off on the headrest bezels until I decided whether i was going to take the seat back apart. I think if i leave it sit or use some light heat I can smooth it out.

View attachment 1716312900

View attachment 1716312901

View attachment 1716312902
Hey dartswinger,

I'm looking at these pics and it looks like the relief hole in the seat for the release mechanism is not cut properly.

When you tighten down the screws holding the bezel, it is gathering the material inward.

Did you cut the relief hole or was it there from Legendary's process ?

I also think a little heat will help greatly to stretch out the material and relieve the wrinkles.

-
Back