Light package code?

-

BigRichieO

Colorado Mopar
Reaction score
Anyone out there know what the code for a light package is for a 69 Dart Swinger? Then what lights were included in the light package? I do have a glove box light, I have a light over the top of my ignition key (never knew I have it until I took the ash tray out), one in the trunk, I'm thinking I got a light package but I think some might be missing or are hidden due to PO modifications. Thanks for the help.

There is a code AO1 that might apply, see attached from 69 Dart info pamplet.

69_Dart0022.jpg

I don't see an A01 on my fender tag so I guess I don't have the light package. I do have a light over my ignition switch though but the lead is not connected to anything. Does anyone have a picture of where it should go. Here is the picture of what I currently have. A little blurry but I think you get the idea.

DSC00231.jpg

If you look close you can see the little blue difuser over the top of the ignition simular to the one that is in the stock radio.

DSC00232.jpg

Thanks for the help.

Rich

When I saw the the name "George R" to right side of my post I was thinking everything was going to be alright... so disappointed!! I'm bummed your car is lightless because I know you would have them correctly done if it had them, I wish mine was lightless now too, but now that I've seen that light there I want it to work.

I wonder if the ignition light was ever attached to anything? I've looked pretty close and I don't see a connection just sitting there not being used. Do you think the car might have been ordered with the light package, then the order might have been cancelled, then another order comes in for a Swinger without the lights and they just finished the car without the connections?

I've got the light package on mine. umm pretty frigging cold here, so maybe I can nerve up and get you a shot...also have A/C vents under the dash so it may not be easy for me to get up in there. hmmmm

The ashtray light is like a fiber optic that leads from a light bulb/housing screwed to the back of the ashtray then leading up and pushing through a small hole inside the tray. Most of those wires are orange but there are pinks and yellows that service the map light. There should be a headlight buzzer located under the dash between the ashtray and glove box too.

My ashtray light on the 73 is more like a militarized version of the column mounted ignition light. It appears to be connected to the exterior lights as it does not go out unless I push in the light switch on the dash. When I can get out to the shop with a camera, I'll shoot a picture and post.

Kept forgetting all of the parts. I am not sure that the clip for the barrel around the light bulb is supposed to be permanently attached or not. Mine were fused together and broke off while cleaning. This is all the stuff. The pigtail this plugs into was on the passenger side of the ashtray, under the dash.

IMG_5517s.JPG

-
Back