Little brother got a good deal on heads this past weekend at NorwalkThey

-

B3422w5

Reaction score
In the swap meet at Monster Mopar.
I “ kinda” talked him into buying them.
Got a nice set of Brodix B1BA heads ported by Hemphill racing( good reputation shop) guy he bought them from worked there for 8 years
Complete with flat tappet springs, and valves( 2.08 intakes)
1.6 crane intake rockers, 1.5 crane iron exhaust rockers, Victor 340 intake, and B1BA ARP head studs. 1300 bucks.
They will replace the eddies he has that will go on a 12.70 340 streeter 71Dart swinger. Should help that out a good bit
Currently running my old excellerator on his 10.5 compression 416
Hoping these new heads and intake will get him somewhere in the mid 10’s. He has been 10.95 already sliding around on shot QTP’s that have zero sidewall left in them. All steel 66 Dart Gt.
Good rubber and this new topend should really pick the ole gal up. Tickled for him.
He is portmatching the Victor right now to swap on his current setup with new tires. have an outing to try just that change. Then we will fit the new heads and see a real world difference in just a head swap. He has a full crane gold 1.6 setup on current motor and plenty of camshaft

I thought the headers weren’t a great fit with those heads.

I ported a set for an oval track guy who used the “spec” version........ they turned out pretty well.
Basic clean up type porting.

I thought the headers weren’t a great fit with those heads.

I ported a set for an oval track guy who used the “spec” version........ they turned out pretty well.
Basic clean up type porting.

Thought so too regards headers. Buddy has a 70duster. Ran X heads and Hookers. Bolted on the Brodix heads he has now and headers bolted right up. We taked about this very thing at Norwalk( where you need to come... lol) last weekend

-
Back