Living in the northern boonies isn't the best place to find a mopar.

-

Asktoro

Reaction score
My search has been a fairly obnoxious one, I've had very little luck finding a decent duster out here, I know they're out there but they're hiding from me... They're either too much work, or too expensive and the ones that are within my budget, the year I want are way too far out. I found 2 semi decent shells but they slipped from my grasp before I could get time off work and find a buddy with a truck and trailer.

Was wondering if anyone knows of a 70-72 duster shell and is planning to make a trip through Montana and wouldn't mind hauling some American iron out this way?

All's I'm looking for is a clean title and bare shell with no major damage requiring me cut and weld in new exterior sheet metal for around $500 or less. Straight body. Wishful thinking I know, but I'm trying to keep within a budget, already have everything I want to do jotted down that works with my current income. Really would like to find one before summer is over.

I feel your pain. Glendive. Not only montana, but the least populated part! Nearest mall is 100miles in another state! Wal-Mart is 75miles away. You just don't find mopars out here very often. If you do they want double the value or they ain't gettin rid of it!

I have that guys contact info, he wants $4,500 for it. It's nice but I DONT want to ruin a legit demon with a restoration-mod. Those cars are too rare now and should be restored stock.

Edit: I do look daily on craigslist, almost also use tempest search thingie to search all CL's within 200 miles.

Geez lol... Oh, I got a question. You guys remember "Gone in 60 seconds"? of course you do... any die hard car guy would... was it just hollywood floofery or can you actually go to the DMV and request a list of owners for whatever car? I've been contemplating on doing that, there's probably somebody out there who doesn't use craigslist and has a duster rotting away but could use the cash?

Maybe in some states, but unless you have bribed a cop....................

-
Back