lizzy borden, not the band

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lizzie_Borden anybody know about her? my grand dad on my dad's side of the family told me that he grew up on the street she lived on and that he and a bunch of buddies would always tease her with the rhyme....lizzy borden took an axe and gave her mother 40 whacks, when she seen what she had done she gaver her father 41...

My house abutts the cemetary where she is burried. We ride our bikes through there.

i am the end of the line as far as my family goes. i was just sitting here thinking about things my parents/grandparents told me years ago, don't know why that came to mind. wish i had kept the list of names my mother had given me years ago. i know my extended family did spend some time in the new england states. my mother told me that sometime in the late 1800s or so someone changed our name to try to get rid of the past, apparently there was a bunch of horse thiefs, prostitutes, bank robbers and what not in my family. i believe they were the sherets, have no idea how to spell it...

I used to live in Fall River and know of the house where she grew up (Across from the Bus Station, house is now a Bed and Breakfast) and where she is buried in Fall River Mass. I grew up in Salem but did reside in Fall River for 3 yrs before moving to Westport Mass. The only other info I know of her family is that her father owned a huge textile mill and the family was very well off when the murders happened. Other than that I do not know much of her or her life.

Here she is, what a beauty!!!!!

Lizzy.jpg

If I remember right her whole family was killed with an axe.I think she was blamed but never convicted of it.I guess you may have to google her name..

I understand the house where the murders took place is now a bed & breakfast. I remember that song as a kid too, it started with the neighborhood kids. Her trial was the O.J. Simpson trial of the period.

Looks like a killer to me.............then again if the ax don't fit, you must aquit.

It was said she was too small to do the damage done to her family, but like OJ everybody always thought that she did it. I too remember that song and I grew up on the west coast.

-
Back