Longitudinal Stripe on Dart?

-

1967DartGT

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with examples of a longitudinal stripe installed on a 1967/68 Dart? It was similar to a bumble bee stripe but went from nose to tail on the driver's side. There was recently one like this listed on ebay (see attached images) and was similar to a Mr. Norm's Dart advertised in a Clearasil ad (also see attached image- ad was for a 68 but picture shows a 67). I believe that both of these cars were Dart GTSs with 383s. Just curious ... something different.

31c1_1.jpg

88d8_1.jpg

77c0_1.jpg

1.jpg

Looks like a 67 Barracuda stripe that was put on off center.??? I don`t know about it, but the old ad is cool.

The stripe also reminds me of the vintage racing jackets with the vertical stripes off to one side. Kinda gives the car a vintage road-racing look.

My money's on it being a Mr. Norm creation.........Never seen one til now.............It'll be interesting to see if it is, and just how many of those stripes made it to the street! :read2:

Never seen either of these options (?). but I actually like them both. Kind of reminds me of the Hammer Charger by Steve Strope at Pure Vision. Vintage road-race. I dig it, not all cars have to pound the quarter mile, it's OK to turn.

-
Back