Looking at collecting 60-62 Valiant, in Texas

-

brentwasham

Reaction score
Hi all, just joined for the second time, confirmation email must have wound up in the spam server folder, so I just got fully connected after finding it. I come from a family of Valiant owners in the 60's, my first car was a white/blue int. 1962 V200, aluminum 225 with torqueflight, gifted from my grandparents in 1974, who bought it new. I worked on it a lot, and other cars, so thought I would start my collecting hobby with one similar to my first car. I like the '62 model for my own nostalgia, '60 as the original version with the most 50's vibe, and the '61 like the '60 with a bit more bling in the V200 trim. Holy grail would be a Signet or wagon but leaving options open for now. Interest is in tinkering/fixing, restoring, and improving with features such as electronic ignition, power dual master cylinder disc brakes, power steering, A/C, 2-barrel carburetor, modern sound/video electronics but retaining the original look. Maybe a tweak like 14" rally or mag wheels, black or body-color bumpers or black-out grill, but largely want to retain the original look. Kind of depends on the individual car and condition to head me in the "all original" versus slightly modified direction. Ideally would have a car that breaks even in value with my cost of acquiring and improving it, and my personal labor would be thrown in free as a hobby.

IMG_5971.jpeg

Welcome aboard...

Throw up a wanted ad. Never know what someone here had sitting in or behind the garage

Good luck with your search

That's a good idea and also cheap on Craigslist and FB Mkt though probably not as productive. I'll look for the best place to post here.

Well, found a 62 Valiant V200 2-dr in Las Vegas, good body, one rusted quarter panel at very bottom, no other underside rust, lots of "sun tan" inside and out. Will be looking for a set of bucket seats, dash speaker grill, original radio, heater control, and belt trim behind driver's door. Noticed a near identical car owned by Ron Hamby won a Carlisle best in show award in 2015. Anyone know more about that car or owner? A search entry mentioned a memorial race in Ron's name so I fear he's no longer with us. Would like to know where the car wound up as well as good sources or experts for 62 Valiant parts.

380598338_269582729320863_7197472170748078284_n.jpg

You might here with slantsixdan on here. He has forgotten more than most of us ever knew or cared to know, on these beasts!

-
Back