Looking for correct carb mounting studs. (Problem solved)

-

cruiser

Reaction score
Mopar guys/gals: Does anybody know where I could get a correct original set of two mounting studs for a 1974 Duster slant six Holley 1945 carb? I've attached a photo of the intake that the two studs thread into. Any ideas welcomed - thanks!

Update: Had a conversation with a FABO member who sent me a photo of the correct studs. I was able to salvage a factory original pair from a low mileage 1974 Dart 225 motor . They came out surprisingly easily using the two nut method of extraction. Cleaned them up and installed them into Dusty. So for the first time in many years, I have the correct studs fastening my carb instead of the crummy hardware store bolts that came out (and got thrown away). Many thanks to member Oldmanmopar!

IMG_4526.jpg

IMG_4529.jpg

Last edited:
You local home improvement store or any hardware store should have what you need. Measure the depth of the stud plus the thickness of the base and add 1/2" to get the correct length.

If you
Mopar guys/gals: Does anybody know where I could get a correct original set of two mounting studs for a 1974 Duster slant six Holley 1945 carb? I've attached a photo of the intake that the two studs thread into. Any ideas welcomed - thanks!

View attachment 1716190238
If you are asking for a "correct original set" you need to post this in a want ad to find some used ones or (longshot) some NOS ones. Hardware store ones will be just fine.

They are studs. 3/8 - 18 in the manifold and 3/8 - 24 nut. The length above the coarse 3/8 - 18 thread should include Thick factory gasket and carb plus 1/2 for the nut. I believe the total length is 1 1/2 "

Make sure you use the thick heat dissipator gasket so the choke spring is the correct length. If you just use the thin gasket the choke will not open correctly
1704916355905.png

-
Back