Looking for exhaust gaskets that cover air injection (?) holes (318)

-

67CBodyGuy

Reaction score
I have a 318 with 4027593 heads (with small holes under each exhaust port). I have these manifolds:

436.jpg

Which I think are 3870387-4 but it's hard to read, the 3's could be 8's or vice versa:

438.jpg

The back side covers the holes:

439.JPG

The gaskets I used (back in 1987) were these:

440.jpg

Now I know there's a couple schools of thought about manifold gaskets (they're ok, vs you don't need them). I'd like to use them, but when browsing through rockauto and plugging in different year cars (from '67 to '78) and looking at the 318 or 360 manifold gasket choices, I can't find any that look like these - with the extension that covers (or includes) the holes.

What year and car make/model would have had the above manifold and gaskets? I'm wondering what aftermarket P/N would those be, if they can still be had?

Edit: I know I can plug the holes, I'll get around to that eventually...

The gaskets with no hole for the "air ports" don't seal over them. Tap the holes and plug them with allen screws using a sealer. I did it to my heads 12 years ago and no further issues.

Ok, thanks guys. I see that these will work:

FEL-MS90460
MAHLE / CLEVITE MS12268
VICTOR REINZ 111011401
APEX AMS2582
And maybe also this one:

MAHLE / CLEVITE 95095SG

The gaskets with no hole for the "air ports" don't seal over them. Tap the holes and plug them with allen screws using a sealer. I did it to my heads 12 years ago and no further issues.
NAPA used to offer a really neato solution. They had a kit that included self tapping screws with a square on the end. You tapped them in with a wrench using the square and then broke them off with a hammer. They were scored to break off either flush or just under the head surface. Worked really well. I haven't seen them in years.

I tap them and use 1/4" allen screws in all of the ones I've done, also.

-
Back