Looking for interior light

-

mrose

Reaction score
1968 Barracuda has 2 round interior lights that mount on each side above the rear seat and turn on when you open the door.
The passenger side light is wired behind the back seat and connects into the harness with a T connector in the trunk right under where the gas filler tube meets the truck floor.
I have tried buying that light holder, wire and connector to replace my missing one but cannot find it.
Anyone have one or knows where to find one?

You can get the plastic snap in holder from M&H directly. If your wiring and terminals are still good.

If not, you have to buy the whole body harness from Year One or others that sell the M&H harnesses.

When I did my resto the driver side is part of the body harness. The passenger side T-s off that harness as you have described but they do not offer it through the channels.

M&H made one from my original for me as they do not offer one through their approved aftermarket suppliers and sent me a new one and the original back! They will remake any harness they do not offer through retailers if you supply the original.

Only thing on the plastic holders is they are only about $1 but they will charge you $10 for shipping handling!

Good luck with it! If you need the part number on the whole passenger side harness let me know and I will get it for you. I do have a pic of the one they re-created for me just not the part number handy!

Reproduction Wiring Harnesses for America's Muscle Cars

image.jpeg

Also to save the holders from excessive heat of the original style bulbs consider using these LED's available at Walmart and more. They run very cool to the touch!
You can always pop in original festoons for a judged show when needed!

image.jpeg

Last edited:
-
Back