Not open for further replies.

Franko

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Does anybody have the complete December 2002 Mopar Action article entitled “PAN-DEMONIUM; OIL CONTROL FOR STREET ‘N’ STRIP?

Mopar Action History – December 2002

This article is about fabricating a homemade baffle for a small block oil pan. Attached is only one page of this article that I found in FABO. It is very hard to read and I wanted to read what Ehrenberg had to say about the shortcomings of the small block oil pan that requires fabricating a baffle. I've looked on the internet but can't locate the entire article.

Thank you

n_a1[1].jpg

Stock la oil pan really isn't good for any hard cornering, braking, or acceleration.
At least the D truck,B van pans are rear sump, and a little deeper.
adding baffle(s) helps. Accusump and aftermarket pan much better solution.
Bearing inspection after a lot of hard use will tell you if you're on the right track(pun intended)

I have it. Send me a PM with your address and I'll send it to you.
Kevin
IMG_1416.jpg
Also I have about 100lbs worth of mopar only magazines dating back to the mid 90's.

Lets try this Franko this was harder than taking it to the post office and mailing it to you LOL
Kevin

HPSCAN_20200625022216171.jpeg

HPSCAN_20200625022340993.jpeg

HPSCAN_20200625024940402.jpeg

HPSCAN_20200625022845264.jpeg

HPSCAN_20200625023531295(1).jpeg

Last picture the oil pan at the top is marked "A" on the left and "B" on the right

Reminds me of my first 273 build circa 1973. Had a welding student add 2 inches to the stock center sump oil pan and lengthen the pickup to match. I cut out a piece of sheet metal as a baffle and attached it with epoxy. First time I removed the oil pan, I found the baffle had come completely loose (did not damage anything-also had the factory 340 windage tray).

Eventually I went with a 10-quart rear sump pan with a tunnel for the steering link (probably was a Milodon creation). The funny thing about that was, I had to dent the center steering link tunnel tube to make clearance for the oil pump or I could not get the pan bolted up. The pan was painted black, but I painted the bottom two inches white to make it easier to monitor any damage to the pan going over bumps and road hazards. If you look closely at the photo, you can just barely see the white bottom part of the 10 quart pan.

65 Valiant1 edited.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back