Lord willing it’s racing time again

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
F9D81EB0-23A1-436E-B0C3-4B1FA7CDE33C.jpeg
image.jpg
looks like my son Matt and I will be heading to Keystone Saturday for our first outing since the end of October last year. I called him at 10:30 this morning after I got a cortisone shot in each knee and asked him if he wanted to drive my Duster this weekend. Hell ya he said so tonight he is is sealing up some exhaust leaks and I’m rebuilding my alcohol carb. New sparkplugs are also going in for the first time in four years. I lowered the rpm down to 6700 last year from 7000 when I didn’t get to rebuilding the engine. With my new 408 not ready to go I’ll lower some more to 6500 Rpm. I changed the Penn Grade oil last October so I cut apart an oil filter today and it look great as does the oil so new filter and I’ll let the oil go till I change the engine.

Good news, hope it all goes well for ya. Unfortunately over here nothing is happening at our 1 and only SPR. Our Mopar Nats has been cancelled (31 July>2 Aug) but there is a glimmer of hope for some T&T's later in August. My mate is bursting at the seams to try out his new Big stroker motor combo out after spending a bunch of cash on it plus a Dana/727/converter and a caltrac set up, basically everything that will handle 720ftlbs, he's previous set up was a stockish 440 running in the 12.6's, he should be in the low 10's with his weight.

DD95EF61-6785-469C-90CE-20DED219F4F7.jpeg
017B7A96-7FE8-4A08-A0DE-1E8C325AE282.png
Three races I’m probably hitting for sure are the big buck races at Quaker City and the three 10,000.00 races at Keystone my home track.

Good father and son time. :thumbsup:
and he's working on the car, I thought you said he only likes to drive .lol
and he's even working on the exhaust. lol

Good father and son time. :thumbsup:
and he's working on the car, I thought you said he only likes to drive .lol
and he's even working on the exhaust. lol

Excellent memory and thanks for remembering that. As you know I love my Son or at 31 he wouldn’t be living with me. I just know he needed some “tough love” and a good kick in the azz. I called him at 10:30 this morning after my cortisone shot in both knees. I asked him if he wanted to drive my Duster this weekend and he not only said he’ll ya but I will start checking out the car tonight after work. When he came home we had a 5 minute sit down. I said I don’t care if you have a good time with your friends drinking after racing but not till 4am. I’m not spending entry money to party all night. Number two is we are splitting entry fees and winnings 50/50. Round money goes towards the alcohol I buy at 160.00 a drum. We had a great time working in the shop sipping a few, listening to music, bs’ing, and getting the car in race condition. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. He is 10 times the driver as I am WHEN HE’S NOT TIRED FROM LATE NIGHT FUN

Excuse the Headman header noise guys but we put s little heat in her tonight. Love the headers but when you go from W2 heads, to Edelbrock heads, to 360-1 Indy heads the flanges are super hard to seal up plus add in all the slip joints. Slight chance of rain Saturday but we will be loaded ready to go.

4037F964-7B9C-4E2D-AB8F-4A9BCC3ABE30.jpeg
3731E5B8-BE12-4AB5-AC71-EA6945B29904.jpeg
085C3BA9-27D1-4224-A201-A27157A5517A.png
All loaded up for Saturday with time left to wash my car trailer and truck today. Weather for tomorrow looks better and it’s sure nice to have an open bay in my shop. Looks like it can start test fitting my Edelbrock heads to check pushrod clearance on the relocated pushrod holes. My buddy is patiently waiting to see how we did. Trying to line up a few more big money races since Norwalk closed for the year

29C855E8-413F-4852-BD45-B091C96632C0.jpeg
Hey here’s the retirement present (15?foot trihaul boat) I bought myself back in 2010 that hadn’t hit the water yet.

7A4CE9AB-9B93-4D38-BE81-E2C1437E6283.jpeg
Well year number 5 for this engine and although it needs a few Gaskets to plug up a few minor oil leaks she’s still putting out some horsepower. I switched my front shock settings a little looser for the summer heat but I will loosen up a few more clicks as the 60 foot times are a little slow. I’d love to see Matt go a few rounds today. Time trial number one.

Ohhh well Matt lost 5th round when he spun a little and lost .01 in the sixty foot. All in all a hot, fun day at the track

Looks like he was mowing the tree down today. Any racing tomorrow?

Schedule for next weekend is late getting out but I’m hearing first points race back at keystone next Friday and test n tune street Outlaws Saturday. May take the motorhome and race let him race Friday and party some the rest of the weekend with friends.

Box or no box?

My car is set up for box class but last year I put a Just In Time button in it for some bottom bulb racing in the future. My car leaves pretty hard so I needed some adjustment for leaving on third green. One of these days I’ll wire it in for some double classing. Matt did good yesterday but he wasn’t feeling great. First time out and man the sun and heat drained us both.

410F07C3-0DD3-417C-AE8A-99D8AAA1E5CB.jpeg
I failed to mention we had a fuel leak last weekend that was leaving about an 8 inch puddle of fuel while Matt was staging. I flew back on the quad and made up a small diaper with cut up bedsheets I keep in the trailer. As I was finishing up the tech inspector showed up, waved when he saw me addressing it, and left. Well it did it again 1st round and it ended up being my BG400 fuel pump. We tied a bath towel around it and finished the day without a drop. I ordered a repair kit Sunday and another one Monday hoping one would get here. Meanwhile I had one (he said a used one) sitting on a shelf a friend gave me last year when he said he switched brands and would never use it. I swear it’s brand new but I will Time is to see how long it takes to change out and I will rebuild this leaker tomorrow.

Racing this Saturday night in Vegas......except the DA to be over 5500 feet as it is almost 6000 ft now and it aint getting any cooler.

Racing this Saturday night in Vegas......except the DA to be over 5500 feet as it is almost 6000 ft now and it aint getting any cooler.

After last Saturday’s heat I’m looking for Friday nights first night of points. Hopefully we will get it in.

416237B6-4867-4051-9DC5-66DD9257AE0C.jpeg
07938ACB-17A4-42D4-9519-437854E5E291.jpeg
1EC04188-3E56-4D6B-891D-2776A9A719EF.jpeg
63BD9117-F4E7-424D-B940-2F24D9C5D9A2.jpeg
17FA4A3C-E961-4D25-AF1E-731E8A56C777.jpeg
6E079F0F-BC10-4C8B-8852-DA46119926D9.jpeg
Today’s project, fix tractor, cut grass, finish Duster repairs so we can race tomorrow night, loaded trailer and race car, and BG400 fuel pump rebuilding so I have a spare ready. It’s repaired and loaded in car trailer

Barona opened up the other week out here, but I found out too late. Open 4th of July weekend so going then, taking the a Dart out for the first time.

Would be nice to be back in the Burgh for the 4th. My little boy loves the parades, only time I let him run on the street while he picks up candy!

-
Back