Lose Sun visor

-

Will_H#24

Reaction score
On my 69 dart swinger, the sun visors droop down when stowed in the up position but will stay put when they are all the way down up against the windshield. What's the trick to tightening them up? Do I need to get new ones? Thanks.

Post pictures of the front and back of the visors at the pivot point so we can see what you are working with.

Short of completely disassembling them, I usually just slide them off the shaft and squeeze the metal tube a bit to make it fit tighter on the shaft. It doesn't take much, so, don't get carried away or you'll have a hard time getting it back together.

Short of completely disassembling them, I usually just slide them off the shaft and squeeze the metal tube a bit to make it fit tighter on the shaft. It doesn't take much, so, don't get carried away or you'll have a hard time getting it back together.
So they just pull off the rod and there's a tube inside that needs to be adjusted??

Yes. Just deform the tube slightly to make it fit tighter on the rod.

If you're stripping them down to do a full resto, they're easy enough to do then too.

-
Back