Louisiana ??

-
across the river in Sulphur

I used to live in Luling for 2 years until Katrina. Now it's northwest Tennessee. Any members of Big Easy Mopars??? :-D

No kidding ...I grew up in Des Allemands...My wife Beverly is the Veterinarian in luling. We moved to Ponchy after Katrina.

My wife worked at the Shell refinery across the river in Norco for 9+ years. many of the people she worked with were from Luling, Des Allmends and Ponchatoula. Any chance you know Jeff Spannier or Moe Champain?

Billy knows Jeff Spannier "really good." Billy's dad bought a '53 Chevy Truck from him. The world keeps getting smaller and smaller. Was your wife's maiden name Coyle? If so, he knows her too.

Yep I lived in Destrehan for a bit...it never got dark there due to that damn flare at the refinery.
And yes Bev's maiden name was Coyle.

:-D -- that's too cool bellhp! After I read him your post last night he dug around in the back room for a couple minutes, came back to where I was sitting, and showed me her high school yearbook picture. Ask her how well she remembers Billy Lee.

Leanna, did the truck he bought from Jeff have a 1953 silver dollar soldered onto the top of the radiator???

Leanna , Bev said she remembered Billy from school . I mentioned you guy's were in Tennessee now and she thought she recalled that he was from there originally? Ask Billy if he's related to any Lee's over in the Cuba Landing area .

He's not -- he was born and raised in Luling and, until we moved up here, had never been out of state except for touring during his 80s hair band days. He misses it so much ... and still owns an acre of property right in the middle of town. I wouldn't be surprised to see him eventually move back.

80's hair band huh ... now i'm curious ... searching through the fog of malted barley , hops and bong resin in my brain ...went to a LOT of concerts in the 80's.

Addis,la. In The middle of 2 good drag strips, NO PROBLEM RACEWAY & STATE CAPITOL RACEWAY . ALSO A MUSCLE CAR HUB.:finga:

I used to live in Luling for 2 years until Katrina. Now it's northwest Tennessee. Any members of Big Easy Mopars??? :-D
Was a member of the New Orleans Mopar Association years ago, had a B5 69 RR convertible then. It was tuff making meetings from northshore so I only stayed in a couple-three years.

Met bellhp and his son Vaughn today. Great to see young blood interested in our hobby. These guys are great! If you haven't been following Vaughn's 1974 Duster project now is a good time to start, he will need all the inspiration we can give him as he continues his project. Anyone that does this knows how hard it is to stay enthused over the long haul.

Great having fellow A body fans within 4 miles of my house.:hello2:

Seeing where I have missed two car shows in the last two months that were close as it gets, anybody know when the next shows are coming around Lake Charles?

Also, when do the shows at Ryans Steakhouse on Ryan St. in Lake Charles happen?

Do they still have the get together at Sonic in Sulphur/Dequincy (can remember which one).

-
Back