Low end build, sound deadening.

-

Tduff01

Reaction score
I have heard a lot of guys using the peel n seal stuff from home depot, and also heard about reflective roll insulation. But I wanted to get opinions. The peel n seal just seems to be thin and not much for either heat or sound deadening. And I know there is better stuff out the for a lot more money though haha. Here is what I though about doing, wondering if it may be overkill or to much on the floor and be awkward? or if you guys think it will work. I was thinking of doing the peel n seal first. Then follow with reflective roll insulation. Then putting the normal style EVA insulation material and then the carpet. Let me know what you guys think? Would you guys use all 3? Or just one. Or the peel n seal plus the Eva or just the reflective roll and the eva? Just so many option lol. Let me know what yoy guys would do or what you have done? Thanks in advance.

Shop Peel & Seal Instant Waterproof Repairs 6-in x 25-ft Aluminum Roll Flashing at Lowes.com

Shop Reflectix 50-sq ft Reflective Roll Insulation (24-in W x 25-ft L) at Lowes.com

ACC 1966-1974 DODGE & PLYMOUTH A B E BODY SOUND DEADENERS SET FLOOR INSULATION | eBay

I've used Dynamat before. Probably would use something like Lizard Skin next time. By the time you do layers I think you will run into issues with interior trim and panels fitting right. But that's me.

I used the reflective to insulation from Lowe's. Made templates out of cardboard then cut out each piece to prevent waste. Used it under the headliner and under the carpet. Used 3M spray and adhesive. I was really happy with the result. Cheap and worked. Car is quiet and comfy...well, as quiet as that rumble will let it be eh eh eh.

I've done the Peel n Seal stuff. It works, but you'll smell it. Try looking for HVAC duct insulation.

I did the peel and press, followed by oem type insulation and carpet. Very pleased with the outcome. You'd be surprised at how effective even the thin peel and press product negates noise and heat. Even with long tube headers and flowmasters.And it won't put you in the poor house :)

Be well,
Pat

In addition to/On top of what has been said, perhaps the Walmart bed liner on the floor board first. If it has been sitting awhile, there isn't much non-skid traction stuff suspended in the liquid. $45 gallon

I got some stuff from work called sikoflex- it works great but the navy paid for it, mixed too much and I drove home and poured on my floor pan. It was thick like caulking. The boss said it wasn't expensive. It would be fantastic under your car.

Peel & Seal works great for sound deadening. Reflectix not so much, as it does not have enough mass to lower the resonant frequency of a panel. Aluminum for a thermal insulator?!? Seriously???

-
Back