Low fluid ?

-

504DusterIR

Reaction score
Hello how are y'all doing, I have a question about the transmission. I have a 904 I drove it around for a good 3 for hours an right before I pulled into my drive way I have to drive down a short tight S shape road after making the second bend the car started shaking an the acceleration wasn't really there.I pulled the dip stick had fluid on it but it had a burnt smell hmm like rubber or plastic, which I smelled once before. would this be a cause of low fluid ? It leaks a little bit an idk how accurate my dipstick is because it missing the top handle, any advice would be appreciated,I will also be changing fluid an filter here soon

Hello how are y'all doing, I have a question about the transmission. I have a 904 I drove it around for a good 3 for hours an right before I pulled into my drive way I have to drive down a short tight S shape road after making the second bend the car started shaking an the acceleration wasn't really there.I pulled the dip stick had fluid on it but it had a burnt smell hmm like rubber or plastic, which I smelled once before. would this be a cause of low fluid ? It leaks a little bit an idk how accurate my dipstick is because it missing the top handle, any advice would be appreciated,I will also be changing fluid an filter here soon

Absolutely it could be low fluid.
The smell doesn’t sound very good either.
The shaking was likely clutches slipping.
Did you know that a 904 or 727 either one will spit out fluid if it’s overly full?
Doesn’t hurt it either.
Put another half a quart in it and see how it acts.

I would drop the pan and see what is in the bottom of it. Then change the filter and put new fluid in it. It may be saveable, but I doubt it.

I would drop the pan and see what is in the bottom of it. Then change the filter and put new fluid in it. It may be saveable, but I doubt it.

I left that out because he said he was changing the filter and fluid soon. :D

Ok I'm hoping is still usable
I'm hoping it's still usable

Absolutely it could be low fluid.
The smell doesn’t sound very good either.
The shaking was likely clutches slipping.
Did you know that a 904 or 727 either one will spit out fluid if it’s overly full?
Doesn’t hurt it either.
Put another half a quart in it and see how it acts.
Ok, Yea I just read in one of the tread bout somes spitting out fluid on hard acceleration an learn there's a vent?

Ok, Yea I just read in one of the tread bout somes spitting out fluid on hard acceleration an learn there's a vent?

Usually at the top of the pump housing itself behind the converter.
Some have the vent in the top of the case behind the pump and converter.

Going downhill with very low oil-level, could easily do that, as whatever oil is in there sloshes to the front of the pan, leaving the filter sucking air.
Fix your dipstick!
The correct oil level is about at the parting line between the pan and the case. If you pull the dipstick tube out, you can should see the oil at the bottom of the hole..
While the tube is out, you can insert the Dipstick to that parting line, and fix the stick so that it dips there every time.
Cheap fix to save an expensive trans, which may be too late now. IDK.

Hello Update: I dropped pan an changed oil an filter also my pan was dented inwards an looked like it might have been very close up to the filter,When I get home I'ma start the car an check the fluid maybe add some Lucas transmission fix

-
Back