Low Mount Alternator Install Options

-

SoulShaker

Reaction score
Good afternoon. I'm putting together my '69 Dart bracket car and I am using the AR Engineering Big Block Chrysler Motor Plate and Alternator Bracket Kit. I'm trying to get my Powermaster alternator installed and have hit a roadblock. AR Engineering site says you need to use the shallow crank pulley from Doty Manufacturing. But, Doty Manufacturing does not have any in stock and has no idea when they would have them again, if ever. I'm curious if anyone else has run into this problem and what did you use?

AR207c-Medium (1).jpg

It almost looks like a slant 6 power steering pulley would work.

Talk to Rob at Mancini Racing. If Doty isn't making the lower pulley anymore then Mancini can find a vendor to make it. Mancini sells a lot of those kits. There are a lot of vendors who make shallow pulleys but none of them have a Mopar pattern on them. It isn't difficult to put the Mopar pattern on a blank pulley so it shouldn't take Mancini too long to find a supply.

I did talk with Mancini and they told me they are in talks with Moroso to make a shallow pulley but nothing definite and no timing. Very unfortunate for those of us that are stuck after buying this kit. Honestly, I don't know why AR Engineering doesn't make one because it's required when you install their kit. May Doty has a patent on the design or something.

I did talk with Mancini and they told me they are in talks with Moroso to make a shallow pulley but nothing definite and no timing. Very unfortunate for those of us that are stuck after buying this kit. Honestly, I don't know why AR Engineering doesn't make one because it's required when you install their kit. May Doty has a patent on the design or something.
I don't make pulleys. I don't have that kind of equipment and neither do my regular vendors. I used to have Doty make some pulleys for me, but Doty is super busy with his main business so the performance stuff gets pushed to the side

-
Back