Low Speed Brake Shudder - Thoughts?

-

69cudaownr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
69 Barracuda, Kelsey Hayes front disc, drum rear - power brakes.. I'll start by saying this is not a rotor warp. I'm very familiar with that. This is a shudder that is in the final 10 feet, 2mph, of a stop. It's in the front, I'm thinking a loose caliper? I am also getting a medium warble sound out of the rear drums, not a squeal. Everything happens at once. Everything is fairly new 2000 miles on them.
Any ideas? Before I go exploring. Thanks

ive had pads that developed a hard spot ih the lining material which caused a shudder just before coming to a stop.
Have a look at the running surface on the pads for a shiny spot on the surface of pads

What condition are the tires in? Do you feel it in the steering wheel or in the floor board?

Tires and rims are new, the whole front end was done and aligned 2000 miles ago. Sabre67 might be on the right track with the pads.

69 Barracuda, Kelsey Hayes front disc, drum rear - power brakes.. I'll start by saying this is not a rotor warp. I'm very familiar with that. This is a shudder that is in the final 10 feet, 2mph, of a stop. It's in the front, I'm thinking a loose caliper? I am also getting a medium warble sound out of the rear drums, not a squeal. Everything happens at once. Everything is fairly new 2000 miles on them.
Any ideas? Before I go exploring. Thanks
Explore first then ask us for suggestions.

Pads or shoes contaminated with oil ??

Try testing by just using the E-brake to see if it's in the rear or not.

-
Back